post war exchange programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• post war exchange programs

Anyone ever hear of these programs before?

The only one that I know of was for German agriculture students that were sent to the US to study American farming.

I'm sure there were others as well, anyone?
    My worst jump story:
    My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
    As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
    No lie.

~
    "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
    -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Possibly this
    Established by the German government in 1972 as a tribute to the Marshall Plan rebuilding post-war Germany, the fund is an exchange program to foster trans-Atlantic partnerships in the spirit of the original plan. In addition to her fellowship with the Marshall Memorial fund, Kruse met independent wine grape growers in Champagne, France, and participated in the international conference on sustainability that was part of the SIMEI exhibition and trade show in Milan, Italy.
    Over the years yhere appear to have been a whole series of Marshall funded scholarships for exchange students between the USA and Germany and Austria. I believe the Austrian Marshall Institute still runs some for technical and Manufacturing students.
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
      Possibly this

Over the years yhere appear to have been a whole series of Marshall funded scholarships for exchange students between the USA and Germany and Austria. I believe the Austrian Marshall Institute still runs some for technical and Manufacturing students.
      I seem to remember the same or similar taking place in the UK or Australia. lcm1
      'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
      " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Originally posted by lcm1 View Post
        I seem to remember the same or similar taking place in the UK or Australia. lcm1
        Interesting, then would it have still been part of the Marshall Plan?
        My worst jump story:
        My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
        As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
        No lie.

~
        "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
          Berlin.1945
          by casanova
          The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
          Yesterday, 23:41
        • casanova
          AW 169M
          by casanova
          The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
          Yesterday, 23:26
        • JBark
          What changed?
          by JBark
          There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
          Yesterday, 18:54
        Working...
        X