Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why bother bimbling to Burma?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why bother bimbling to Burma?

    There's a load of Spitties turned up in Burningham now, love that bit about a gang from the Labour Exchange being rounded up to bury 'em!

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/w...irmingham.html

    The long toll of the brave
    Is not lost in darkness
    Over the fruitful earth
    And athwart the seas
    Hath passed the light of noble deeds
    Unquenchable forever.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Von Richter View Post
    There's a load of Spitties turned up in Burningham now, love that bit about a gang from the Labour Exchange being rounded up to bury 'em!

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/w...irmingham.html

    Better still, why don't you bimble off to Burma to do some digging and leave the thinking around here to those with arf' a brayne!.
    "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

    Comment


    • #3
      You never know. There a ton of chainsaws and bullsdozers buried up in Alaska.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by craven View Post
        You never know. There a ton of chainsaws and bullsdozers buried up in Alaska.
        That's a bigger myth than the six Lancasters buried at Elsham Wolds!
        The long toll of the brave
        Is not lost in darkness
        Over the fruitful earth
        And athwart the seas
        Hath passed the light of noble deeds
        Unquenchable forever.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Von Richter View Post


          That's a bigger myth than the six Lancasters buried at Elsham Wolds!
          It not a myth if you know the guys who put the stuff in the ground :-)

          Comment

          Latest Topics

          Collapse

          • Karri
            Prawn heads
            by Karri
            How do you cook them? How do you eat them?

            So far I've always just twisted them off, and discarded it along with the shells and such, only...
            Yesterday, 11:40
          • Jose50
            Thoughts on the US abandoning NATO
            by Jose50
            Now may be a good time for the NATO countries to start beefing up their materiel, personnel and alliances. There is a decided wave here in the US that...
            Yesterday, 08:41
          • Von Richter
            Sagittarius Rising...
            by Von Richter
            Just having a re-read of this book after it's stood for donkey's years on the bookshelf. Once again, within the first couple of pages, I'm transported...
            Yesterday, 01:19
          Working...
          X