Oldest US Female vet dies aged 104

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oldest US Female vet dies aged 104

The oldest female veteran in Massachusetts has reportedly passed away at age 104, nearly 70 years after joining the U.S. Army.
    CBS Boston reports that Irene Davey, a World War II veteran, died Sunday from pneumonia. Relatives remembered her as a vibrant, honest and feisty woman who dedicated her life to her family and country.
    “She taught me to be honorable and to never lie,” daughter Patricia Desmarais told the station
    Davey, who joined the service in 1943 and was honored in May for her duties, enlisted the same day as her husband, Harold.
    “She [said] if you go, I go,” Desmarais said. “She loved her family, her country and her city.”
    Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/21...#ixzz2Cthx3CB6

Regards &
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Churchill

"I'm no reactionary.Christ on the Mountain! I'm as idealistic as Hell" Eisenhower

I heard about this on the Net. We are losing them so fast.

R.I.P.
    Will no one tell me what she sings?--
    Perhaps the plaintive numbers flow
    For old, unhappy, far-off things,
    And battles long ago:
    -William Wordsworth, "The Solitary Reaper"

Comment

Lots of the fairer sex put in a tremendous amount of work keeping countries going during the wars. May she rest in peace.
      When looking for the reason why things go wrong, never rule out stupidity, Murphy's Law Nº 8
      Those who do not remember history are doomed to repeat it. George Santayana
      "Ach du schwein" a German parrot captured at Bukoba GEA the only prisoner taken

Comment

104, must have been living right.

No, there are not many left, but we only just lost the last WW1 vets. Still time to talk to a few, if you have the ambition.

Comment

R.I.P., and thank you for your service.
          SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

Thank you for your service to your country Irene Davey. You will not be forgotten.
            The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                104, must have been living right.

No, there are not many left, but we only just lost the last WW1 vets. Still time to talk to a few, if you have the ambition.
                Yes, wasn't it Frank Buckles that was something like 107?

Anyways, big to her and all like her.
                "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X