Anne Frank Hideout Reconstruction Is Presented At Madame Tussauds Berlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anne Frank Hideout Reconstruction Is Presented At Madame Tussauds Berlin

“Annelies Marie “Anne” Frank (12 June 1929 – early March 1945) was one of the most renowned and most discussed Jewish victims of the Holocaust. Acknowledged for the quality of her writing, her diary has become one of the world's most widely read books, and has been the basis for several plays and films. Born in the city of Frankfurt am Main in Weimar Germany, she lived most of her life in or near Amsterdam, in the Netherlands. Born a German national, Frank lost her citizenship in 1941 when Nazi Germany passed the anti-Semitic Nuremberg Laws. She gained international fame posthumously after her diary was published. It documents her experiences hiding during the German occupation of the Netherlands in World War II.

The Frank family moved from Germany to Amsterdam in 1933, the year the Nazis gained control over Germany. By the beginning of 1940, they were trapped in Amsterdam by the Nazi occupation of the Netherlands. As persecutions of the Jewish population increased in July 1942, the family went into hiding in the hidden rooms of Anne's father, Otto Frank's, office building. After two years, the group was betrayed and transported to concentration camps. Anne Frank and her sister, Margot, were eventually transferred to the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp, where they both died of typhus in March 1945.

Link and more photos
    “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

When I was in Amsterdam the touring company I was with dropped us off at a diamond museum and some people went in there and some went to the Anne Frank house and I decided to do the diamond museum first and then go to the Anne Frank House. What I didn't realize is that Amsterdam is one hell of a city to find your way around and plus we all had to meet at the bus in another part of the city or get left behind. I had to miss the Anne Frank House and I have been regretting it since then.
    “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
    ― Groucho Marx

Comment

As persecutions of the Jewish population increased in July 1942, the family went into hiding in the hidden rooms of Anne's father, Otto Frank's, office building. After two years, the group was betrayed and transported to concentration camps.
      I'd always thought she hid in a neighbour's attic.

Philip
      "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

Comment

Most interesting and if it's up to Madam Tussauds usual standards:- London, Warwick Castle, it should be well worth seeing.
        "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
        Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipLaos View Post
          I'd always thought she hid in a neighbour's attic.

Philip
          That's the story that I remember also.
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Checkertail20 View Post
            When I was in Amsterdam the touring company I was with dropped us off at a diamond museum and some people went in there and some went to the Anne Frank house and I decided to do the diamond museum first and then go to the Anne Frank House. What I didn't realize is that Amsterdam is one hell of a city to find your way around and plus we all had to meet at the bus in another part of the city or get left behind. I had to miss the Anne Frank House and I have been regretting it since then.
            I'd still be beating myself up about it, too. Condolences.
            Will no one tell me what she sings?--
            Perhaps the plaintive numbers flow
            For old, unhappy, far-off things,
            And battles long ago:
            -William Wordsworth, "The Solitary Reaper"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X