An Interrogator at Nuremberg spoke at our University today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Interrogator at Nuremberg spoke at our University today

I never learned so much in 90 minutes. He was the US ambassador to Luxemborg John Dubois He spoke about many different things such as how entertaining Goering was and how they developed almost a sort of friendship. He was the "welfare officer" responsible for getting the Nazi officials during there interrogaton at Ashcamp the hotel were they were questioned in Luxemborg he talked about Gulderian and Kietel and what i was suprised that he said that he wished Speer would of been hanged for he knew everything that was going on. He worked with British and Soviet interrogater's and I never learned so much there was alot of other stuff that I have in my notes. What was the most suprising was that the head of the German Labor front was Luftwaffe World War I and had a speech defect that he needed whiskey to loosen his tounge before he gave a speech i can answer any questions you guys have on this

Originally posted by Lionhearti View Post
    I never learned so much in 90 minutes. He was the US ambassador to Luxemborg John Dubois He spoke about many different things such as how entertaining Goering was and how they developed almost a sort of friendship. He was the "welfare officer" responsible for getting the Nazi officials during there interrogaton at Ashcamp the hotel were they were questioned in Luxemborg he talked about Gulderian and Kietel and what i was suprised that he said that he wished Speer would of been hanged for he knew everything that was going on. He worked with British and Soviet interrogater's and I never learned so much there was alot of other stuff that I have in my notes. What was the most suprising was that the head of the German Labor front was Luftwaffe World War I and had a speech defect that he needed whiskey to loosen his tounge before he gave a speech i can answer any questions you guys have on this

The name is John Dolibois and he interrogated German prisoners at ASHCAN (Allied Supreme Headquarters Centre for Axis Nationals) in Mondorf-les-Bains.
    Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

Did he mention anything about the English language abilities of the German senior officers, and their attitude towards the British and British culture in particular?

Philip
      "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

Comment

Not as much he did say though something intresting about the Big Three's view on the Trial. He was from Luxemborg and was fluent in both French and German so i dont think he interrogated them in English.

Churchill: Line them up and shoot them
        FDR: Lets have a international Military Tribunal and have trials for these men
        Stalin: Lets have a trial we are going to shoot them anyway
        Last edited by Lionhearti; 24 Oct 12, 00:12. Reason: forgot to answer part of the question

Comment

I bet that was fascinating. I remember getting to hear a speech made by Col. Paul Tibbett's Enola Gay navigator. Would've gone up and shook his hand and thanked him for his service to his country afterwards, but just to stand in line and do that was $15. Kind of diminishes one's respect for someone - no matter what they did - when you have to pay money to merely shake their hand and say 'thank you'.
          SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

He spoke about many different things such as how entertaining Goering was and how they developed almost a sort of friendship.
            Yes, Goering impressed those at Nuremberg with his intelligence and charm (and even got a cyanide pill past his captors). Fortunately for the Allies by the time the war had started drugs and hedonism had gotten control of him.

Comment

The thing i have to ask though is what war crimes would Goering be actually blamed for. from what i know the Luftwaffe might of terror bombed Rotterdam and Warsaw but that was military move

Comment

The thing i have to ask though is what war crimes would Goering be actually blamed for. from what i know the Luftwaffe might of terror bombed Rotterdam and Warsaw but that was military move
                Planning a war of aggression was sufficient, LH! :-)

Comment

Georing held many posts in the Nazi government:

Pay particular attention to those in bold. Those positions would have been more liable to result in war crimes charges.

Supreme Leader of the SA (November 1923).
                  Member of the Reichstag (1928).
                  President of the Reichstag (1932).
                  Prussian Minister of the Interior (1933-34).
                  Prussian Prime Minister (1933-45).
                  Prussian Chief of Secret State Police (1933-36).
                  Prussian Chief of State Council (1933-36).
                  Plenipotentiary for the Four-Year Plan (1936-45).
                  Reichsminister for Air (1933-45).
                  Commander-in-Chief of the Air Force (1935-45).
                  President of the Cabinet Council for the Defense of the Reich (1939-45).
                  Member of the Secret Cabinet Council (1938-45).
                  Reichsmarshall (1939-45).
                  Successor Designate to Hitler (1939-45).
                  Head of Reichswerke Hermann Goering (1938-45).
                  Head of Gestapo in Prussia (1933-34).
                  Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

but would those be considered war crimes all of them in bold are 33 to 34 and was'nt the four year plan schadt and speer's doing sorry inner nazi workings are a topic im not familar with

Comment

but would those be considered war crimes all of them in bold are 33 to 34 and was'nt the four year plan schadt and speer's doing sorry inner nazi workings are a topic im not familar with
                      As Plenipotentiary of the 4 year Plan and Head of Reichswerke Georing (both through to 1945), he would have used slave labour in those positions.
                      As Chief of Secret State Police and Prussian Ministry of the Interior he would have been intimatly involved in the brutal suppression of the Communist movement in Nazi Germany.
                      All the other positions gave him intimate knowledge of the inner workings and policies of Hitler's Reich, including the solution to the "Jewish problem".

Comment

Warsaw was a defended city. No war crime there.
                        Rotterdam was no longer a defended city at the time it was bombed, but that was the consequence of a communications FUBAR. The Germans tried to turn the bombers back. No war crime.

As to the rest, the information is easily available online. Goering was sentenced.

Opinion and Judgment of the IMT
                        Michele

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X