Hitler slept here.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitler slept here.....

What to do with the Braunau building that was once home to one-nut and his family.

Interesting that the government can deny housing based on political beliefs. I understand limiting their ability to publicly voice such beliefs but thought the housing was a little over the top.

From today's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...roblem-655403/

Regards,
    Dennis
    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

I'm just shaking my head here.... and glad I don't live in Europe.

I'd say that a 500 year-old building exists that is still in livable condition is a bit more significant than who was born there.

Put a Bronze marker on the outside wall with a little slot in it for people to donate money to the defense forces of Israel.

Comment

Whats wrong with Europe?
      "Give me 100 000 croatian soldiers and I will conqure all world" - Napoleon Bonaparte

Soldiers are coming and leaving while war will never end.

Comment

Originally posted by Hansika View Post
        Whats wrong with Europe?
        Who's defending Europe anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
          Who's defending Europe anymore?
          Some nationalists and crazy bastards like me.
          "Give me 100 000 croatian soldiers and I will conqure all world" - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

A young German girl (17 - Foreign Exchange student) of my acquaintance was horrified when I took her to a local hobby shop and she saw models of 1939-45 era German airplanes and tanks with swastika decals. She told us it was illegal over there. The modeler in me was ( accuracy in representation is everything!) horrified, but I have met too many people doing modeling not to understand why this is so.
            Will no one tell me what she sings?--
            Perhaps the plaintive numbers flow
            For old, unhappy, far-off things,
            And battles long ago:
            -William Wordsworth, "The Solitary Reaper"

Comment

Originally posted by Desiree Clary View Post
              A young German girl (17 - Foreign Exchange student) of my acquaintance was horrified when I took her to a local hobby shop and she saw models of 1939-45 era German airplanes and tanks with swastika decals. She told us it was illegal over there. The modeler in me was ( accuracy in representation is everything!) horrified, but I have met too many people doing modeling not to understand why this is so.
              Some BS in there. The Swastkia is displayed almost daily on German TV in it's historical content in doc of the Nazi peroid. I seriously doubt that a German teen whould have been upset in the least.
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Did no-one else laugh for a moment at the first sentence fragment
                and think this author clearly has a sense of humor???

Comment

Originally posted by Desiree Clary View Post
                  Did you ever play the original Wolfenstein 3D (made by a kickass group of Dallas programmers)?? Game-environments used the same images repeated over and over in level design. For Wolfenstein there was one image of hitler, one of the Swastika and splattered repeatedly over every wall in ever level!! That caused some problems for distribution in Germany. You can read a small bit about it on wiki. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfenstein_3D

Comment

Wolfenstein ....never liked the game. Some of my friends even started believing that Nazis were creating monsters in their labs...

But i love this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0vTxmSCdYs

Comment

Originally posted by Hansika View Post
                      Wolfenstein ....never liked the game. Some of my friends even started believing that Nazis were creating monsters in their labs...
                      No need for them to create monsters as they already fit the bill themselves!

Regards,
                      Dennis
                      If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
                        No need for them to create monsters as they already fit the bill themselves!

Regards,
                        Dennis
                        Well... what i should say?

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
                          Did no-one else laugh for a moment at the first sentence fragment
                          and think this author clearly has a sense of humor???

Comment

I'd sleep in Hitler's own bed at Berchtesgaden just for the satisfaction having achieved it.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
                            --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
                              Did you ever play the original Wolfenstein 3D (made by a kickass group of Dallas programmers)?? Game-environments used the same images repeated over and over in level design. For Wolfenstein there was one image of hitler, one of the Swastika and splattered repeatedly over every wall in ever level!! That caused some problems for distribution in Germany. You can read a small bit about it on wiki. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfenstein_3D
                              Hmmm, that is the game in which you kill Hitler who has two miniguns right?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X