Operation:Foxley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operation:Foxley

I put this on my cousin's DVR and watched it this morning. It was going to be an attempt to kill Hitler, but higher-ups scuttlebutted it.
    Makes you wonder what would have happened.
    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Foxley

Comment

Might have been a good thing to do early in the war. After 1941, it was better for the Allies to keep Hitler in charge.

Philip
      "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

Comment

Yes, but not acted upon. Sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipLaos View Post
          Might have been a good thing to do early in the war. After 1941, it was better for the Allies to keep Hitler in charge.

Philip
          I agree. One nut might have been the best Allied General of the war.
          Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

One never knows.

Comment

At that time Goering was solidly number two in the nazi hierarchy, and Hitlers designated sucessor. Fat Herman had his strong points, but he was a bit lacking in the long range planning department. then there was the morphine addiction, the easily distracted or attention deficit thing. Other ambitious personalities would have seen Dickies accension as a opportunity to advance their own move to the ultimate power. The knives would have been out within the nazi party that is. The military would have had its own thoughts on all this.

Of course all that would have been obscured behind a veil of national solidarity in the face of Hitlers assasination. Still the intrigues would have been no less real or vicious.

Comment

Goering was involved in lots. I know.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X