Hath passed the light of noble deeds
    Unquenchable forever.

Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

RIP

Comment

Skip

Comment

"You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

Originally posted by triggerjockey View Post
            It does not matter what nationality they were,
            'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
            " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

http://www.dambusters.org.uk/Gibson.html

Comment

R.I.P

Comment

Comment

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Rest in Peace!.
                      "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

So few veterans of WW II left. I feel privileged to have grown up among so many, no matter their branch or nationality. I'm down to one now. One of my hunting buddies. He served as a rifleman in the USMC in the Pacific Theater.

What did he see and do? It must have been a lot as he still doesn't speak of it. Rest in peace all of you.

Regards,
                        Dennis
                        If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
                          So few veterans of WW II left. I feel privileged to have grown up among so many, no matter their branch or nationality. I'm down to one now. One of my hunting buddies. He served as a rifleman in the USMC in the Pacific Theater.

What did he see and do? It must have been a lot as he still doesn't speak of it. Rest in peace all of you.

Regards,
                          Dennis
                          I feel that many do not speak about these things,for fear that listeners may think they are boasting about a topic that is too bad to boast about.I do my best to Vet the topics, leaving out as much as possible anything that I consider do not need full description. lcm1
                          'By Horse by Tram'.

" Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Originally posted by lcm1 View Post
                            I feel that many do not speak about these things,for fear that listeners may think they are boasting about a topic that is too bad to boast about.I do my best to Vet the topics, leaving out as much as possible anything that I consider do not need full description. lcm1
                            An interesting perspective Ken and one I certainly can not say is without merit. My experiences with those men has never left me to feel that way. I think we see it in different lights because of our circumstances. Perhaps that makes the difference.

You who were there would likely know who actually did, and who was a REMF that just talked a good battle. My view as a child of that generation was that they were all heroic men. I never saw their tales as boastful.

Regards,
                            Dennis
                            If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
                              An interesting perspective Ken and one I certainly can not say is without merit. My experiences with those men has never left me to feel that way. I think we see it in different lights because of our circumstances. Perhaps that makes the difference.

You who were there would likely know who actually did, and who was a REMF that just talked a good battle. My view as a child of that generation was that they were all heroic men. I never saw their tales as boastful.

Regards,
                              Dennis
                              In the RN and RM in my days,telling a good yarn was a general entertainment, particularly if there was a few laughs in it,when it came to the grim side of it you 'hedged' around the stark facts (every one had those) and if you overstepped that invisible mark there would be a roar from the listeners and shouts of 'SWING THAT LAMP' and you would change your 'tack' and tell them about the 'Good Looker' that you met last night!! lcm1
                              'By Horse by Tram'.

" Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X