Col. T. E. Lawerance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Col. T. E. Lawerance

Was wanting to know if anyone can help me in finding information on Col. Lawerance. All I know of him is the old movie from 1964. Have it on DVD and it seemed pretty decent. Would like to find a book so I could read it while I was at work
    Govenour Of Texas and all southern provinces. Kepper Of The Holy Woodchipper.

Try this website, it has some great info and has some book recommendations. I have never seen the original movie, I will try and rent it to see how good it is. I'm sure you can find some good info on him in the Biography or History section of your local book store.

http://www.telawrence.info/
    There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full. -Henry Kissinger

Comment

I've been reading his book "The Seven Pillars of Wisdom". Very interesting.

Comment

Re: Col. T. E. Lawerance

Originally posted by jdscott7280
        Was wanting to know if anyone can help me in finding information on Col. Lawerance. All I know of him is the old movie from 1964. Have it on DVD and it seemed pretty decent. Would like to find a book so I could read it while I was at work
        Probably the most interesting thing about Lawrence was that he hid from his fame under several aliases in the RAF until he died in a motorcycle accident.
        Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Lawrence: The Uncrowned King of Arabia by
          Michael Asher

The above book is by one of Britain's top desert explorers and an ex Para/SAS man to boot.

Seven Pillars of Wisdom is very well written but Lawerence does take liberties with what really happened.

Asher has always admired him but since researching his life has some doubts.

TBH I have not read Asher's work but seen a documentry about his search for the real Lawerence. I have also read his account of his time in the British Army in the North of Ireland during the Troubles which was a real eye opener.

I have read Seven Pillars which is a good read.
          http://www.irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

Comment

Originally posted by Napoleon
            Try this website, it has some great info and has some book recommendations. I have never seen the original movie, I will try and rent it to see how good it is. I'm sure you can find some good info on him in the Biography or History section of your local book store.

http://www.telawrence.info/
            When the movie was released on DVD it was completely remastered. Its transfer to DVD is stunning!
            Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X