Best and Worst WWI junior officers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best and Worst WWI junior officers

Here are my nominations for best and worst junior officers of WWI that became good commanders in WWII.

1) Leutnant Erwin Rommel - won the Pour Le Merit medal for capturing several Italian soldiers as a Platoon Leader.

2) Sgt Josef "Sepp" Dietrich, won the iron cross as a tanker in the new German Tank Corps.

Worst

1) Cpt. Bernard Montegomery - captured while committing his troops in an unnecessary position during early trench warfare fighting in WWI.

2) Cpt. Charles de Gaule
    VonMoltke

Will need to do some research on this one. Good thread
    http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

Comment

Off the top of my head for the worst:

Corporal Adolf Hitler!!!
      http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

Comment

Originally posted by dannybou
        Off the top of my head for the worst:

Corporal Adolf Hitler!!!
        Somethin ironic:

Everyone knows that Hitler had over 10 million Jewish people murdered. He won the Iron Cross during the First World War, and here's the irony: A Jewish man pinned it on him!!!!!!

HA HA HA

In honour I gained them, and in honour I will die with them.

-Vice-Admiral Horatio Nelson, 1st Viscount Nelson, Duke of Bronte, KB, RN

Comment

Canadian Soldiers

There were quite a few Canadian soldiers who outstanding in the line of duty. Quite a few of them won the Victoria Cross (the highest honour) for their actions.
          In honour I gained them, and in honour I will die with them.

-Vice-Admiral Horatio Nelson, 1st Viscount Nelson, Duke of Bronte, KB, RN

Comment

Originally posted by horatio_nelson
            Somethin ironic:

Everyone knows that Hitler had over 10 million Jewish people murdered. He won the Iron Cross during the First World War, and here's the irony: A Jewish man pinned it on him!!!!!!

HA HA HA

Not only that, one of the reasons he did not like Rommel is because Rommel won the Pour Le Merite. Prussian officers are above class!

Hitler was just an orderly and he had a fear of combat. I heard that he hated his mother, who was part Jewish.
            VonMoltke

Comment

What about Captain Harry S. Trumman, DROP THE BOMB!!!
              VonMoltke

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X