Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Mirror Tuesday November 12th 1918.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Mirror Tuesday November 12th 1918.

We've just moved house and, in the deepest bowels of the Emporium, I discovered this little gem. The Daily Mirror reporting the Armistice, must have been saved by one of my relatives in the very dim and distant?

The long toll of the brave
    Is not lost in darkness
    Over the fruitful earth
    And athwart the seas
    Hath passed the light of noble deeds
    Unquenchable forever.

Take a picture and post it.

Might be worth protecting it or framing it. Then hanging it in your Mil Hist room/man cave

Comment

I've the Boston Globe with the photo of Lindbergh at Orly. Awfully brittle.
      ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
      IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

I have a French newspaper reporting the German Surrender in May 1945. It was purchased by my Aunt who was serving with SHAEF in Paris at the time. I also have her invitation to the victory ball held in Paris to celebrate
        Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
        Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Eh, I kept the newspapers from the start of the first Gulf War, I figured that would be "my war" and they would gain historical significance over time,

how wrong I was - don't if they're still there - I'd have to check
          High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
              I have a French newspaper reporting the German Surrender in May 1945. It was purchased by my Aunt who was serving with SHAEF in Paris at the time. I also have her invitation to the victory ball held in Paris to celebrate
              Well- at 7.30 Am on the Sunday after the German surrender , my father was facing a Scottish Justice of the peace in the hastily rigged overflow court rooms at the St Gorbals armory, following the Saturday night battle of the Gorbal Dance halls.

the last great combined arms operation of the European theatre....
              The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X