Digging Up The Trenches program on tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digging Up The Trenches program on tv

I just viewed the last of half of this acheologocal dig near Ypres....British trenches. Fascinating. Caught the show on HDTV channel. They viewed some of the mine detonation results too.

Looks like it was primarily produced by a Canadian concern.
    I often think how much easier the world would have been to manage if Herr Hitler and Signor Mussolini had been at Oxford. Lord Halifax

I also saw this special and I thought it was interesting and I learned some things . Mind you Im not at any means that knowledgable of WW1.
    He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat.
    --Napoleon Bonaparte

Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets. --Napoleon Bonaparte

We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction. --Douglas MacArthur

Comment

If you missed half of it, you can pay a visit to my site and scroll all the way down, Peter Barton is a great guy.

http://germanairservice.blogeiland.nl/
      Researching the Marinekorps Flandern, Aerial warfare over north West-Flanders and the Kagohl/Bogohl and Riesen Flieger Abteilungen history in WW I

Comment

I think the videos have been removed. Pity. There seems to be a lot more real archaeology going on now with the WWI battlefields. I suppose it has to do with the passing of that generation, and probably increasing development on the battlefields.
        Every 10 years a great man.
        Who paid the bill?

Comment

Removed ? They were all active 5 minutes ago. They are all the way down on the page...
          Researching the Marinekorps Flandern, Aerial warfare over north West-Flanders and the Kagohl/Bogohl and Riesen Flieger Abteilungen history in WW I

Comment

Oops, my mistake. I was looking at the Gallipoli ones. The Digging up the Trenches ones are indeed active. Thanks.
            Every 10 years a great man.
            Who paid the bill?

Comment

You're quite correct however, the Gallipoli ones have been removed unfortunately...

Comment

Am adding the Great War documentaries as seen on the BBC on my site.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                  Berlin.1945
                  by casanova
                  The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                  Yesterday, 23:41
                • casanova
                  AW 169M
                  by casanova
                  The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                  Yesterday, 23:26
                • JBark
                  What changed?
                  by JBark
                  There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                  Yesterday, 18:54
                Working...
                X