• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1914 – 1918 LEST WE FORGET

Remembrance Day

1914 – 1918
    A War to End all Wars

I’ve only slipped away into the next room. Pray, smile, think of me. Let my name be ever spoken without the trace of a shadow on it. Life is the same as it ever was; there is unbroken continuity.

To those that served in all Wars

LEST WE FORGET

“Attack with aggression, but always have a plan of retreat”

They shall grow not old,as we that are left grow old:
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
    We will remember them.

Laurence Binyon: For the Fallen
    "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
    Samuel Johnson.

Comment

This is a salute to all the Aussies and kiwis who gave their lives for country without really understanding what they were fighting for.
      When looking for the reason why things go wrong, never rule out stupidity, Murphy's Law Nº 8
      Those who do not remember history are doomed to repeat it. George Santayana
      "Ach du schwein" a German parrot captured at Bukoba GEA the only prisoner taken

Comment

Originally posted by Nickuru View Post
        This is a salute to all the Aussies and kiwis who gave their lives for country without really understanding what they were fighting for.
        I would say-on average- that they understood just about as much as anybody else who volunteered for their country.
        "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
        Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Never forgotten
          "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
          "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

Having been born in 1964, there is little chance I will forget any of the War to End All Wars.
            O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy. And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs, sloths, carp, anchovies, orangutans, breakfast cereals, fruit bats

Comment

'When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today'

I'll raise a toast to all the men who didn't come back from the Great War. Along with subsequent conflicts, some of which endure today and show no sign of abating.
              ------
              'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

Lest We Forget

Comment

REPOSEZ EN PAIX GLOIRE IMMORTEL POUR TOUS
                  R I P
                  has two my great uncle died for France and peace to the souls of all men died during the war

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X