Rate the plaform: Steregushy class frigate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate the plaform: Steregushy class frigate

It looks like the Russian Navy is finally beginning to put new combatants in the water, and in Russian tradition the Steregushy class frigate is a comely man-o-war.

The project was developed at Almaz Central Design Bureau for Marine Engineering (St. Petersburg). The project's corvette is designed for littoral zone warfare, countering opponent's surface ships and submarines, and also providing gunfire support of landing operations.

Ship's displacement is 2,000 tons; length is 100 meters; beam is 13 meters; cruising range is 4,000 nm; crew (including helicopter maintenance group) is 100 men. Corvette may be armed with 100-mm multipurpose gun systems made by St. Petersburg machinery plant Arsenal; antiaircraft missile/gun system Kashtan; supersonic missiles capable to hit low-altitude targets at the range up to 10 km; and two AK-630 automatic gun mounts. Stealth technology is also applied.
    http://rusnavy.com/news/navy/index.p...D=8809&print=Y
    Outstanding
    28.57%
    Excellent
    42.86%
    Good
    28.57%
    FUBAR!
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
    Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

They do make a good looking ship,don't they?
    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

as far as corvettes go, there seems to be a lot of western design influence in it, looks like your atypical German or Dutch made ship from the angle of that photo....

Comment

any other bits of info so i can cast a decent vote for her..?

Comment

She is very nice looking and equipped as I can determine with some very reliable stuff and cps.

The Russians may be working within limited budgets but their not second-rate. Certainly when they can get around it.

Nice Pic Sailorman.

Comment

Originally posted by galland View Post
            any other bits of info so i can cast a decent vote for her..?
            Not much yet Darren, aside from that Russian link that I included; in typical fashions, and much more sensibly I might add, the Russain Navy is not being terribly specific. I do believe that she will carry the follow on to the SS-N-22 Sunburn, and sounds like a wicked bird, These are the specs on it:

SS-N-26 YAKHONT

TYPE - ANTI-SHIP/LAND ATTACK CRUISE MISSILE
            WARHEAD - 440 LB. CONVENTIONAL OR NUCLEAR
            RANGE - 162 NAUTICAL MILES
            BODY DIA. - 2.1 FEET
            LENGTH - 30.5 FEET
            WEIGHT - 6,700 POUNDS AIR LAUNCH
            - 8,598 POUNDS SURFACE/SEA LAUNCH
            ENGINE - RAMJET SUSTAINER/SOLID ROCKET BOOSTER
            GUIDANCE - ACTIVE/PASSIVE RADAR
            DIGITAL SCENE IMAGE MAPPING FOR LAND ATTACK ROLE
            TARGET INFO PASSED BY KONDOR-E SATELLITE
            SPEED - MACH 2.6
            NPO MASHINOSTROYENIA DESIGN BUREAU RUSSIA

http://www.softwar.net/rfed.html

Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Comment

With so very little to go on; I rated her good. Looking good is not the same as being excellent or outstanding.
              Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

I do find the AK-630/Kashtan CIWS combination interesting.
                "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                Ernest Hemingway.

"We're all going to die, all of us; what a circus! That alone should make us love each other, but it doesn't. We are terrorised and flattened by trivialities."
                Bukowski

Comment

It is too soon to tell how good it is. It is armed better than our LCSs that is for sure, but don't get me started on that again!

Here is some more info:

Found here:

http://en.rian.ru/infographics/20100325/158309001.html

Comment

I would need more data to reach a decision. Is a hundred men enough to do repairs of combat damage? Does the ship use automatic controls instead of crew? This Kashtan missile/gun system, is it one double barreled system or two systems? Is the 30mm guns systems 6 sets of 2 barrels or two sets of 6 barrels? I could not even find them. If you can't find them, then how are they able to hit air threats?

Pruitt
                    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

I GUESS AS FAR AS CORVETTES GO IT SEEMS ALRIGHT, HOWEVER I HAVE READ SOME LINKS ON HERE FROM ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT THE OBSERVATIONS OF SOME fRENCH SAILORS ON BOARD AA RUSSIAN CRUISER AND THEY DIARY THEY KEPT ABOUT THE RELATIVE SKILLS AND HABITS OF THOSE ON BOARD...NOT PLEASENT READING, ARGUABLY THE WORST THING ABOUT THE RUSSIAN NAVY MAY BE ITS PEOPLE, AND YOU DONT CHANGE THAT OVERNIGHT...

Comment

...damn caps lock button..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by galland View Post
                          I GUESS AS FAR AS CORVETTES GO IT SEEMS ALRIGHT, HOWEVER I HAVE READ SOME LINKS ON HERE FROM ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT THE OBSERVATIONS OF SOME fRENCH SAILORS ON BOARD AA RUSSIAN CRUISER AND THEY DIARY THEY KEPT ABOUT THE RELATIVE SKILLS AND HABITS OF THOSE ON BOARD...NOT PLEASENT READING, ARGUABLY THE WORST THING ABOUT THE RUSSIAN NAVY MAY BE ITS PEOPLE, AND YOU DONT CHANGE THAT OVERNIGHT...
                          I hear you Darren. I went to the USSR back in 1989 while attached to CG-51. I recall quite well that the Russian boys did not appear to be as well trained as we were.

Comment

..yeah and they seem to have a really bizarre chain of command on board as well....??

Comment

Looks like it has potential now if they can prove the world they still have the skill to create a great ship.
                              Freedom is not Free it has cost millions of lives to obtain it and to hold on to it will cost even more lives of the willing and the brave!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X