Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rail Gun update

From Defensetech.org

Killer Drone Builder General Atomics Builds Killer Electromagnetic Rail Cannon. Here's a snip:

One of the more intriguing new technologies spotted at this week’s Navy League Sea-Air-Space Expo was General Atomics’ electromagnetic rail cannon. The company has been working for a number of years with the Office of Naval Research on a 200 nautical mile gun system. In a parallel effort, they’ve been developing a smaller, pulse-power technology demonstrator, called the “Blitzer,” for ship defense against anti-ship cruise missiles and small boat swarms.
    The entire article is linked above. The article also contains a video from Military.com discussing the Blitzer system. The spokesman in the video says that the Blitzer could be in production this decade.

Holy Cow! THis finally seems to make the battleship obsolete. What?
    ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
    IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
      From Defensetech.org

Killer Drone Builder General Atomics Builds Killer Electromagnetic Rail Cannon. Here's a snip:

The entire article is linked above. The article also contains a video from Military.com discussing the Blitzer system. The spokesman in the video says that the Blitzer could be in production this decade.
      I love railguns; they make feel all warm and fuzzy inside!
      Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
      Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Originally posted by jose50 View Post
        Holy Cow! THis finally seems to make the battleship obsolete. What?
        Seems to be more like bringing the battleship back, as a rail gun ship.
        Standing here, I realize you were just like me trying to make history.
        But who's to judge the right from wrong.
        When our guard is down I think we'll both agree.
        That violence breeds violence.
        But in the end it has to be this way.

Comment

I wonder what its over-the-horizon potential is? Frankly Ibis, I'm a little disappointing. When you posted "Rail-gun Update" I thought you may have had an interesting Spring project going on in your garage! hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
            I wonder what its over-the-horizon potential is? Frankly Ibis, I'm a little disappointing. When you posted "Rail-gun Update" I thought you may have had an interesting Spring project going on in your garage! hahaha
            Sorry to disappoint, but I can't tell you what's going on in the garage. I'm not sure about your security clearance.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X