Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Five pirate suspects to face charges in U.S.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five pirate suspects to face charges in U.S.

I know this has been as issue of concern; I do not know if this is going to be a continuing, but we shall see.

Washington (CNN) -- Five suspected Somali pirates accused of attacking a U.S. Navy ship could be sent to the United States to face criminal proceedings, according to U.S. military officials.

This is only the second time U.S. authorities have brought pirate suspects from Somalia to the United States to possibly face trial.
    http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/af...ial/index.html
    Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
    Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Give "em a fair trial and hang 'em.

Comment

Compared to life in Somalia, how bad can a US prison be?

OTOH, most of these guys seem to be simple hired guns. I'll be in exchange for early release, they could be very handy in fingering organizers in Somalia that we'd really like to catch.
      Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Why do they have to be tried in the US? Where did the alleged piracy take place? Under whose jurisdiction ? I say let the world court try them in The Hague. Why should the US taxpayer foot the bill to perform justice on these types? Let the companies who insure these vessels that are captured pay for trials, appeals and incarceration.
        No?
        Then, let's have open season on these low-lifes. When approached by a skiff full of AK-47 armed skinnies let the RoE be a free fire zone. Shoot back fer crissakes!
        ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
        IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by jose50 View Post
          Why do they have to be tried in the US? Where did the alleged piracy take place? Under whose jurisdiction ? I say let the world court try them in The Hague. Why should the US taxpayer foot the bill to perform justice on these types? Let the companies who insure these vessels that are captured pay for trials, appeals and incarceration.
          No?
          Then, let's have open season on these low-lifes. When approached by a skiff full of AK-47 armed skinnies let the RoE be a free fire zone. Shoot back fer crissakes!
          Bushmasters can really do a number on a skiff!
          Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Comment

So....why don't we see more of that? I mean...COME ON! These low lifes are thumbing their unwashed, flea infested noses at some of the most powerful warships in the world. What the heck are we saving all our ammo for?
            ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
            IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by jose50 View Post
              So....why don't we see more of that? I mean...COME ON! These low lifes are thumbing their unwashed, flea infested noses at some of the most powerful warships in the world. What the heck are we saving all our ammo for?
              Jose, you know as well as I do that us Sailors do not make up the rules of engagement.

Comment

Originally posted by bass_man86 View Post
                Bushmasters can really do a number on a skiff!
                So can a Ma Duece!

Send their sorry asses to the bottom!
                ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

We should treat them decently. To quote from the Outlaw Josey Wales:

"They were treated decently. The were decently fed. Then they were decently shot."

We could of course forego the feeding and save some money.
                  Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

The only charges they should face here are electrical charges.
                    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Why not send them to the capital of somalia, where they still have a "functioning" government? Or better yet, why not just sink their boats and leave them to swim back to where they came from?
                      "We have no white flag."

Comment

Honest sir, I was just wiping off the control panel, as it looked a little grungy, and you know how the Captain expects HIS ship to be spotless.

Somehow I accidentally hit the fire controls and , well just a lucky shot I suppose.

Hey no one is going to miss those pirates are they?
                        Life is change. Built models for decades.
                        Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                        I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Yeah, and it only fired once! I didn't even know they were there!
                          "We have no white flag."

Comment

and while we're at it, let's ask the cook to throw overboard some of the bloody kitchen waste.
                            "We have no white flag."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X