I've decided to make a run at SWCC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've decided to make a run at SWCC

i can already pass the physical training except for the swim, but i've got a buddy who was the captain of his swim team in high school so he'll help me with that.

any way, can't wait.

42 push ups in less than 30 seconds, demolished that one. (and push ups are my weak point ^_^)
    Last edited by General_Jacke; 25 Mar 10, 17:52.
    the answer is on the floor- john roseberry

A tiger dies and leaves his fur,
    A man dies and leaves his name,
    A teacher dies and teaches death.
    Seikchi Toguchi 1917-1998

good luck. Physical attributes are not everything you will need to continue.
    Too Much To Do Too Little Time

Comment

Originally posted by General_Jacke View Post
      i can already pass the physical training except for the swim, but i've got a buddy who was the captain of his swim team in high school so he'll help me with that.

any way, can't wait.

42 push ups in less than 30 seconds, demolished that one. (and push ups are my weak point ^_^)
      OOooo, you big strong man!
      'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
      " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Best of luck Travis!

Comment

thanks, my buddy who was captain of his high school swim team for 3 years is going to coach me in swimming the 500....i really suck at swimming right now.

Comment

any way, can't wait.

Hey, if I was still young, dumb and full of I would go for it; good luck Shipmate, let us know how it works out.
            Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
            Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

any way, can't wait.

Just remember that you counted 42 push-ups, but someone else is going to be counting for you. Their standards are more than likely going to be much higher than you can imagine. As an instructor in at dive school, I have had to count for many of those tests and I have seen many people fail because the form of the push-up did not meet the requirements. When someone has to do 65 push-ups to get 42 "quality" pushups it saps their strength for the later parts of the test. Get someone who is not your friend to grade your pushups or video yourself and grade yourself extra hard. I would plan on doing 20% more than required when training for these tests. You are likely also required to do as many push ups as you can do, not just the minimum. Figure that into your training as well.

Also, pull ups should be done from a dead hang with a second long pause between every pull up. No swinging or kicking (kipping) your legs to get your chin over the bar. Practice the hand position as described in the test (chin-up or pull up, they are different).

Practice the test with all parts combined in proper order with half the rest that you are allowed according to the test requirements. It can make a big difference to most people.

Just remember: The test is always easier than the rest of the training.

Good luck.

Comment

...Jeez! Good Luck, Mon....hope you see it through.
                ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Good luck. Don't just prep physically, get ready for the mind games. I was Army, not Navy, but I'm pretty sure the games are mostly the same across the board. It will likely be more difficult than the physical aspect of the training.

Comment

started my swim training today, got through the 500, not all in one go, but i was able to still do it in the time constraints.

and the mind games are always worse than the physical aspects.

Comment

*looks up what SWCC is*

You're insane! Good luck!
                      My board games blog: The Brass Castle

Comment

I've decided to make a run at SWCC

Although the history of littoral warfare dates back more than 900 years, Naval Special Warafe Boat Teams trace their origins to the "Brown Water" naval force established in 1965 to support American military efforts during the Vietnam conflict
                        Last edited by Miss Saigon; 28 Mar 10, 14:03.

Comment

Good luck buddy!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X