US Navy AGM-148c LRASM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Navy AGM-148c LRASM

The US Navy’s Long Range Anti-Ship Missile the AGM-148c can now be used by Super Hornets giving a much better capability of sinking enemy ships far away from the Aircraft Carrier

https://www.popularmechanics.com/mil...ship-missiles/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGM-158C_LRASM

The estimated range is around 560 kilometres and uses artificial intelligence to aquire it’s target and can share information between other missiles
    It is also used by B-1’s which can carry 24 missiles each
    Last edited by Snowshoveler; 31 Dec 19, 19:22.

Impressive...now - when do we get to try them out?
    ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
    IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
      Impressive...now - when do we get to try them out?
      And on whom?
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

And on whom?
        Whom? ...maybe try them out on some of them there "Iranian navy" boats that seem to be so...vague about where the international sea lanes happen to be...

IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Whom? ...maybe try them out on some of them there "Iranian navy" boats that seem to be so...vague about where the international sea lanes happen to be...

Waste a brand new, multimillion dollar missile on them?

My question was - who is the intended target? Whenever we develop new weapon systems, we have a specific enemy or threat in mind. In this case, I'm am guessing we have the Chinese navy in mind.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Waste a brand new, multimillion dollar missile on them?

My question was - who is the intended target? Whenever we develop new weapon systems, we have a specific enemy or threat in mind. In this case, I'm am guessing we have the Chinese navy in mind.
            They had Russia and China in mind when they developed this missile

Comment

Originally posted by Snowshoveler View Post

They had Russia and China in mind when they developed this missile
              Do you think that this new weapons system will give the PRC pause when they decide that the whole of the South China Sea is within their national limits?
              IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Do you think that this new weapons system will give the PRC pause when they decide that the whole of the South China Sea is within their national limits?
                Possibly unless they find a way to counter these missiles

Comment

Meanwhile a diesel electric sub can sneak inside the CVBG and launch a few torpedoes...
                  "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                  Ernest Hemingway.

In english "silence" means yelling louder than everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
                    Meanwhile a diesel electric sub can sneak inside the CVBG and launch a few torpedoes...
                    Oh...I don't know. Back in the early '70s on Intrepid we did a pretty good job of finding them even with those old sonobuoys and "dippin' sonar' rigs we had on the old Sea Kings, especially up in the Barents Sea where it was so shallow.
                    IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Oh...I don't know. Back in the early '70s on Intrepid we did a pretty good job of finding them even with those old sonobuoys and "dippin' sonar' rigs we had on the old Sea Kings, especially up in the Barents Sea where it was so shallow.
                      Submarine silence may have advanced a bit since you were aboard the Fighting I.
                      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Which was probably true back in the 70's, until HSwMS Gotland from Sweden was requested by the US navy in 2005 to join them in war-games. Diesel electric subs from other navies have been able to sneak up to the US carriers in the same fashion.
                        "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                        Ernest Hemingway.

In english "silence" means yelling louder than everyone else.

Comment

The LRASM is the replacement for the Harpoon, which is obsolescent.

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

Submarine silence may have advanced a bit since you were aboard the Fighting I.
                            Yeah...my hearing's not the same either...
                            IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X