FFG(X) contenders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post

Lockheed felt their design was not adequate for all the capabilities that have emerged, so it suggest to me that the updated wish list from the US navy was the main factor for them pulling out.
    They say that, yet they have shown their up-sized Freedom designs before. I think there is more to it than that. I think that
    Fincantieri is involved with the Freedom Class being taken out of consideration some how. Maybe there is more profit in the FREMM design? I just don't have any proof.

Comment

Originally posted by Afghanisdan View Post

They say that, yet they have shown their up-sized Freedom designs before. I think there is more to it than that. I think that
      Fincantieri is involved with the Freedom Class being taken out of consideration some how. Maybe there is more profit in the FREMM design? I just don't have any proof.
      Yeah good point, does that mean the FREMM would require a lot more of their expertise/equipment?
      "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
      Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
        The de Bazan would be my choice too.

I was interested to see the Independence LCS design, and the fact that it's still the same size as the current version. The helo pad is shortened and it highlights how there is enough room to simply slot in the extra weapons. Looks too cluttered in my eyes, but shows how much potential the current ships have for upgrades.
        I'm currently in favor of the FREMM design. Though if, and only if, the LCS-based frigate could be turned into a mid-life mod package for the existing LCSs, I'd consider going with that. That's because for a reduced price you could potentially turn half the LCS class into functional frigates.
        Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X