Last voyage of the Big E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last voyage of the Big E

As promised folks, these photos were taken while the Big E was doing a CONREP with my ship; enjoy.

BigE1.jpg

BigE2.jpg

BigE3.jpg

BigE4.jpg

BigE5.jpg

BigE6.jpg
    Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
    Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

A few more

Here are a few more
    BigE7.jpg

BigE8.jpg

BigE9.jpg

BigE10.jpg

BigE11.jpg
    Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
    Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Very cool Bass_Man. I had planned to meet them out near Cape Henry on my boat and snap pix of their return, but decided to just snap pix from Ft. Monroe, and honestly I am glad I did it that way.
      Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years...

Comment

Nice pics...thanks for posting!
        SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

Let History never forget.

She's one heck off a ship.I hope that that the "BIG E" is preserved as a museum like the USS.Intrepid,Yorktown,and Midway.Not so much for this Enterprise but,for another.The one I'm talking about is USS.Enterprise CV-6 a member of the Yorktown-class of carriers it was this carrier that held the line in the Pacific while most of the pre-war Carriers were sunk or heavily damaged.I believe that preserving the Enterprise as museum ship would serve as fitting memorial to both ships as well her crews and to those that built her certainly a better fate than what happend to the previous USS Enterprise.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X