No compensation for faulty Growler.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No compensation for faulty Growler.

Imaging if this was a F-35 and no compensation was forthcoming.

The Department of Defence is reviewing all major foreign military contracts after the United States declared it will not pay any compensation for a new $125 million warplane destroyed by fire due to a faulty engine.

In January 2018, an American-made Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) Growler skidded across a runway and burst into flames following a dramatic engine malfunction during an attempted take-off at a US military base in Nevada.

The ABC last year revealed a RAAF investigation had confirmed a high-pressure compressor in the Growler's engine had broken into three major pieces, with one segment piercing through the bottom of the jet and taking a chunk out of the runway.
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-...owing/11749446
    "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
    Ernest Hemingway.

In english "silence" means yelling louder than everyone else.

I guess nothing is an accident any more... There has to be someone to blame, and that someone should have deep pockets...

Comment

Well, I guess the engine was still under warrantee and should be compensated…. if a manufacturing fault can be proven.
      That's about $4 million if it's a GE F414.
      The remaining $121 million… goodbye, **** happens, no one's gonna reimburse that.
      "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

Originally posted by Rutger View Post
        Well, I guess the engine was still under warrantee and should be compensated…. if a manufacturing fault can be proven.
        That's about $4 million if it's a GE F414.
        The remaining $121 million… goodbye, **** happens, no one's gonna reimburse that.
        Why not ? It’s a consequential loss . Surely some arrangement is in place to cover this kind of eventuality.
        "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
        Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X