Canada's first C-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada's first C-17

A friend just emailed me some pics from Yellowknife. Here is Canada's first C-17. I think it is going to be called the Bison. I have no idea what it was doing in Yellowknife.

Thanks Duncan, perhaps they were doing bug ingestion trials??
    Eternal War(gaming) Armoured Struggle Car Bob

History does not record anywhere at any time a religion that has any rational basis.
    Lazarus Long

Draw the blinds on yesterday and it's all so much scarier....
    David Bowie

Comment

Their good planes. They are quite versitile. I've seen some pictures of her in Germany already.(2 weeks ago). I'm waiting to see if she'll visit down here were I'm at, so I can chat with the Canadian crew and pass on a few maintanence tricks that I've learned.. If my memory serves me correctly I believe they are getting a few
      "To the USA Commander of the encircled town of Bastogne. . .There is only one possibility. . .the honorable surrender of the encircled town."
      "To the German Commander: Nuts! The American Commander."
      Brig GEN McAuliffe response at Bastogne Dec 1944

Comment

See them constantly in Trenton (home base), unfortunately I'll be leaving in in about a month.
        I'll be coming back every 2 weeks though. When (if ) I get my digital cam I'll see if I can get some pics.
        Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

Originally posted by Jackal View Post
          Their good planes. They are quite versitile. I've seen some pictures of her in Germany already.(2 weeks ago). I'm waiting to see if she'll visit down here were I'm at, so I can chat with the Canadian crew and pass on a few maintanence tricks that I've learned.. If my memory serves me correctly I believe they are getting a few
          We are taking delivery of 4 of them.
          Eternal War(gaming) Armoured Struggle Car Bob

History does not record anywhere at any time a religion that has any rational basis.
          Lazarus Long

Draw the blinds on yesterday and it's all so much scarier....
          David Bowie

Comment

Who said that half the secret to success was just showing up?

With today's list of unpredicatable hot spots I think more nations are going to need transport planes with serious legs if they plan to keep participating on the world stage. That makes even more sense for large nations like Canada and Austalia where even internal flights can be a pretty long hop.
            Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Too true, in fact youll see the C-17's down my way buzzing around Ipswich very low in some cases , got some great photos of them taken from my brothers backyard, will post them up soon, if i remember...!

Comment

Originally posted by galland View Post
                Too true, in fact youll see the C-17's down my way buzzing around Ipswich very low in some cases , got some great photos of them taken from my brothers backyard, will post them up soon, if i remember...!
                I've flown on a couple of low levels with them stateside. nothing like going 350 knots at 300 ft and banking left then right around obsticals then popping out of a valley dropping the gear and hitting the deck. ( i have to admit though I did lose my lunch once. ) What can you do. I'm maintanence not a pilot. She is pretty nibble for a big plane. Watch when they do tactical desents. You'll think it's going to crash.
                "To the USA Commander of the encircled town of Bastogne. . .There is only one possibility. . .the honorable surrender of the encircled town."
                "To the German Commander: Nuts! The American Commander."
                Brig GEN McAuliffe response at Bastogne Dec 1944

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X