The Russian Mig-35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Russian Mig-35

UHHHHH.....Why Does The MIG-35 resemble our F-14/F-15?????

Originally posted by Duke William View Post
    Seeing as the F14 looks nothing like an F-15, apart from twin engines and two tails, which agreed the MIG35 has too.

http://www.indiadefence.com/MIG%2035.JPG
    http://www.aerospaceweb.org/aircraft...5_schem_01.jpg
    http://www.aerofiles.com/f14flyby.jpg

And does there have to be a reason?
    Winnie says
    ---------------------------------
    "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
    Herr Flick.

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post
      Seeing as the F14 looks nothing like an F-15, apart from twin engines and two tails, which agreed the MIG35 has too.

http://www.indiadefence.com/MIG%2035.JPG
      http://www.aerospaceweb.org/aircraft...5_schem_01.jpg
      http://www.aerofiles.com/f14flyby.jpg

And does there have to be a reason?
      With that third picture you have there Listy, would it be safe to say that the LSO waved that particular approach away , and asked very nicely if he could come around again!!!!!!!

Comment

OK.....Maybe Not The F-15 Eagle:

But The Russian Mig-35 Fulcrum F:

Does bear a very close striking resemblance too The Boeing F-18 Super Hornet:

And it looks even more like Our Grumman F-14 Tomcat:

I guess I am just a little miffed over the fact that it doesn't seem to me like The Russians have come out with anything of their own design since like.....what?......1941?????

Comment

Oh FFS Duke William, you are imagining things.

Comment

Mig-35 finally gives the Russians an all-glass cockpit. Ivan loves his analog gauges and will probably miss them. Note that the ever-secretive Russians did show the LCDs but were very thorough turning them off so you can't see the graphics. In the old Mig-29 one of the most important gauges was a giant analog clock. The pilot would fire a missile and watch that clock mentally computing missile flight and impact times.

Last edited by MonsterZero; 28 Aug 07, 15:22.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
            --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

I like the MIG-35 , reminds me a lot of the two seat FA-18D hornet. I think the MIG-35 is probably what the Mig -29 family of jets should have been like from the outset. If memory serves me , i believe that this aircraft is solely for export to India, as this is the only flyable example
              Last edited by Galland; 28 Aug 07, 15:35.

Comment

Originally posted by galland View Post
                I like the MIG-35 , reminds me a lot of the two seat FA-18D hornet. I think the MIG-35 is probably what the Mig -29 family of jets should have been like from the outset. If memory serves me , i believe that this aircraft is solely for export to India, as this is the only flyable example
                Not sure if true but this is what I read somewhere;

Russia has unveiled the MiG-35 at air show Aero India 2007 in Bangalore, amid Moscow's keen interest to sell these planes to India. It was reported that the MiG-35 made her way from Moscow to Bangalore in less than three hours, assisted with in-flight refueling on the way, flying at supersonic speeds.

They were keen to make some money, any money from this plane!!!
                "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
                Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by achtung baby View Post
                  Not sure if true but this is what I read somewhere;

Russia has unveiled the MiG-35 at air show Aero India 2007 in Bangalore, amid Moscow's keen interest to sell these planes to India. It was reported that the MiG-35 made her way from Moscow to Bangalore in less than three hours, assisted with in-flight refueling on the way, flying at supersonic speeds.

They were keen to make some money, any money from this plane!!!
                  Yep thats what i read too, sorry it didnt come across that way when i posted it , thanx for clearing that up AB!

Comment

Originally posted by galland View Post
                    Yep thats what i read too, sorry it didnt come across that way when i posted it , thanx for clearing that up AB!
                    Yeah its purely for export, the Russians wont touch it!
                    Ernest Hemingway.

Mark Twain.

Comment

Because . . .

Originally posted by Duke William View Post
                      There are only so many ways to put together a twin-tailed, twin-engine, fighter with a nose mounted radar that will do mach 2.
                      Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

I'm not really seeing the resemblance.

Comment

You aren't that farmiliar with jet fighters are you. They look nothing alike apart from the features on all jets.
                          "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

... how can one answer this thread?

Ernest Hemingway.

Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by achtung baby View Post

... how can one answer this thread?

Thats clever, youll have to teach me how to do that!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X