Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

German Air Force Leaving Holloman AFB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German Air Force Leaving Holloman AFB

The German air force began training with U.S. aircrews in 1958. Although training has moved to several different locations, the German air force has called Holloman AFB, “zuhause,” or home, since 1992.
    Over the last 25 years, the German air force Flying Training Center has trained hundreds of pilots, flown thousands of missions, and captured a million memories through one unique partnership.
    The primary mission of the GAF at Holloman is to train Tornado aircrews through a basic weapons system course, instructor course and fighter weapons instructor course. The GAF also teaches advanced tactical training for Tornado fighter bomber units.

http://www.aerotechnews.com/blog/201...oor-neighbors/

The German Air Force, which has been training pilots and crewmen at Holloman Air Force Base since 1992, will leave the base in 2019. (Courtesy of Holloman AFB)

Air Force photograph by Staff Sgt. Stacy Jonsgaard
    A German air force Tornado aircraft and an F-16 Fighting Falcon perform a final joint flying mission here at Holloman Air Force Base, N.M., Aug. 17, 2017. The German air force has entered its final stage of departure, however they are not expected to complete their departure from Holloman AFB until mid-2019.

Air Force photograph by Maj. Bradford “Emcon” Brizek

A German air force Tornado and an F-16 Fighting Falcon assigned to the 314th Fighter Squadron fly in formation together during the last joint flying mission at Holloman Air Force Base, Aug. 17, 2017. The GAF has entered its final stage of departure, however they will not complete their departure from Holloman AFB until mid-2019.

The gradual pullout allows the residents in the community to adjust and hopefully lessen the economic impact. When the German AF opened its Tactical Training Center and activated the 20th Fighter Squadron, they brought the base 325 German military personnel and 12 Tornado fighters. German AF’s presence at Holloman peaked in 2005 with 850 personnel and 38 Tornado aircraft. Today, the German AF employs 450 military personnel and 30 civilians, and have 14 Tornadoes at Holloman.
    Last edited by Persephone; 02 Sep 17, 12:07.
    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Is that crackle finish camo supposed to make that Tornado look like a parking lot?
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Where are they moving their training to?

Comment

I'm surprised the Luftwaffe hasn't trained any of the Typhoon pilots at Holloman. Why are they leaving ?

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
          That is the question.
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
            Originally posted by Merkava188 View Post
            I'm surprised the Luftwaffe hasn't trained any of the Typhoon pilots at Holloman. Why are they leaving ?
            Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
            That is the question.

The German Air Force is terminating its contract with the U.S. Air Force to operate the Tactical Training Center at Holloman and will move its training to Deutsche Luftwaffe bases at Schleswig and Buechel in Germany.

Why? I'm not sure.

Holloman was originally selected for Luftwaffe training because of the available air space, favourable weather and its proximity to Fort Bliss, Texas, which was the former HQ for German Air Force operations in the U.S. and Canada.
            "Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" George Carlin

Comment

“The main reason why the GAF is terminating their training here is due to a reduced Tornado fleet that is operating in the German air force. We have two bases in Germany and the flying training center here at Holloman. We have to consolidate our Tornado operation in those two locations,” Ferkinghoff said. “There’s a certain logistical challenge to operate a fast jet like the Tornado in a foreign country as far as bringing all the spare parts to maintain the technical high level we try to achieve with our aircraft. Sometimes we wait weeks for spare parts, but in Germany they’re more or less immediately available.”

At the moment, 85 Tornados are distributed between the two airbases in Germany and at Holloman.
              "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

I was about to say; Things will be getting noisy over the North Sea in a couple of years.
                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                  I was about to say; Things will be getting noisy over the North Sea in a couple of years.
                  That would have been less than a smart comment. Flying over a flat body of water isn't the same as fly noe over land.
                  "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Reimnitz View Post
                    The German Air Force is terminating its contract with the U.S. Air Force to operate the Tactical Training Center at Holloman and will move its training to Deutsche Luftwaffe bases at Schleswig and Buechel in Germany.

Why? I'm not sure.

Holloman was originally selected for Luftwaffe training because of the available air space, favourable weather and its proximity to Fort Bliss, Texas, which was the former HQ for German Air Force operations in the U.S. and Canada.

The GAF’s long history at Fort Bliss ended in 2013, its operations were taken over by the German Flying Training Center at Holloman. And now Holloman is also coming to an end.

The GAF's Air Ground Operations Squadron are still training at Camp Grayling, Michigan with the USAF’s 19th Air Support Operations Squadron....I think.
                    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X