Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

India successfully test-fires Astra missile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    India successfully test-fires Astra missile

    Originally posted by Slim View Post
    Some stellar example of your generous aid



    https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...4swxHYs8djorfA



    https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...7BkhRNvHAF2g2A



    How the colonialist can manipulate the English language-passing off the deliberate genocide of 30 million people and forced starvation of many more as aid.



    India will be doing its citizens a grave injustice if it does not develop a robust defense to prevent just this type of genocide in the future at the hands of such heartless colonialists.

    You just confirmed something I thought when reading your post.
    Last edited by queensman; 12 May 14, 11:25.

    Comment


    • #17
      I get it . You gents are so riled up India rejected your Eurofighter and the aid(bribe?) that was an inducement for India to opt for the Eurofighter. India has turned down both your fighter and your bribe that you all are trying to pass of as aid in typical arrogant colonial style.


      https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...66111022,d.cWc

      https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...EwqPZvNuZsobmA


      From the second article:

      Last week India rejected the British-built Typhoon jet as preferred candidate for a £6.3 billion warplane deal, despite the Development Secretary, Andrew Mitchell, saying that Britain’s aid to Delhi was partly “about seeking to sell Typhoon.”

      Come on get over it India has rejected your Eurofighter and your supposed aid(which seems to be nothing more than abribe). It just not gonna happen no use crying. Be happy you get to keep all the free loot you got from India. Come on it came free. Maybe it will help you tide over all the financial mess your country is in as it did before when the kaiser and Hitler were giving your country a Royal pounding. Who Knows old Putin may have plans for your merry olde isle .
      Last edited by Slim; 12 May 14, 17:04.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Slim View Post
        I get it . You gents are so riled up India rejected your Eurofighter and the aid(bribe?) that was an inducement for India to opt for the Eurofighter.



        https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...66111022,d.cWc

        https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...EwqPZvNuZsobmA


        From the second article:

        Last week India rejected the British-built Typhoon jet as preferred candidate for a £6.3 billion warplane deal, despite the Development Secretary, Andrew Mitchell, saying that Britain’s aid to Delhi was partly “about seeking to sell Typhoon.”

        Come on get over it India has rejected your Eurofighter and your supposed aid(which seems to be nothing more than abribe). It just not gonna happen no use crying. Be happy you get to keep all the free loot you got from India. Come on it came free. Maybe it will help you tide over all the financial mess your country is in as it did before when the kaiser and Hitler were giving your country a Royal pounding. Who Knows old Putin may have plans for your merry olde isle .
        You don't get anything fella. You've made a prat of yourself with your assumptions and now you're trying to save face with this because you don't have the character to admit you were wrong.
        Last edited by copenhagen; 12 May 14, 17:02.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Slim View Post




          Mogul rule was indeed characterized by brutality and religious intolerance that has few equals.
          The point is not whether the moguls were worse or not.
          The point is it is very unbecoming of a fewbritish origin posters to ridicule Indian poverty and military achievements when British colonial rule is directly responsible for the really wretched poverty that India is slowly coming out of after a long and hard struggle.
          Well, to be fair, I don't think anyone here was making fun of Indian poverty nor belittling Indian military achievement(s). My take on what was posted is that India has the funds to research and develop weapons, but on the other hand, still have its other hand out for handouts. (Puns intended. No need to be so serious)
          "We have no white flag."

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by GMan88 View Post
            Well, to be fair, I don't think anyone here was making fun of Indian poverty nor belittling Indian military achievement(s). My take on what was posted is that India has the funds to research and develop weapons, but on the other hand, still have its other hand out for handouts. (Puns intended. No need to be so serious)
            Correct, not that it will matter..

            Comment


            • #21
              Communist PRC comes to the aid of Colonial Britain. Both with a history replete with genocide, plunder and taking over land and property of defenseless nations. And passing themselves off as generous aid givers.
              Perfect Match made in heaven.
              As they say " Birds of a feather roost together"{Please do not take it seriously just jesting}
              Last edited by Slim; 12 May 14, 17:19.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Slim View Post
                Communist PRC comes to the aid of Colonial Britain. Both with a history replete with genocide, plunder and taking over land and property of defenseless nations. And passing themselves off as generous aid givers.
                Perfect Match made in heaven.
                As they say " Birds of a feather roost together"{Please do not take it seriously just jesting}
                Don't worry, no one is taking you seriously...

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Slim View Post
                  a history replete with genocide, plunder and taking over land and property of defenseless nations.
                  Oh, the irony.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    The Problem with British Posters on this forum is that; they assume that many millions of Pounds are spent on India,

                    they should get proper data, protest to their Government, get it stopped if they can,

                    Unfortunately UK is no longer a big Empire , paying and helping your former colonies is charity , which they should do. After all your forefathers have plundered those poor Nations,

                    your charity will not go down the drain, good deeds always pay you back.

                    most of religions say so.

                    dont be jealous of poor insignificant India, that is below your dignity,

                    rather you should be proud of our achievements,

                    After all Britain has contributed to it.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by GMan88 View Post
                      Well, to be fair, I don't think anyone here was making fun of Indian poverty nor belittling Indian military achievement(s). My take on what was posted is that India has the funds to research and develop weapons, but on the other hand, still have its other hand out for handouts. (Puns intended. No need to be so serious)
                      Since 1962 when Chinese has stabbed us in our back, we tend to take our security and defense seriously,

                      see Chinky buddy, we do not wish to become satellite state of Either Peoples So called Republic of China or Western block.

                      love us or hate Chinkies has deal with us. you have no option left.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by vikram72 View Post
                        The Problem with British Posters on this forum is that; they assume that many millions of Pounds are spent on India,

                        they should get proper data, protest to their Government, get it stopped if they can,

                        Unfortunately UK is no longer a big Empire , paying and helping your former colonies is charity , which they should do. After all your forefathers have plundered those poor Nations,

                        your charity will not go down the drain, good deeds always pay you back.

                        most of religions say so.

                        dont be jealous of poor insignificant India, that is below your dignity,

                        rather you should be proud of our achievements,

                        After all Britain has contributed to it.
                        Well technically they plundered the rajas and maharajahs who were already plundering their people but we get your drift. Always easier for the earlier to blame the latest plunderer and generate outrage.
                        "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
                        George Mason
                        Co-author of the Second Amendment
                        during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          It is not as simple as that. The Rajas and Maharajas especially Native ones were hereditary rulers. They did engage in wars and battles but till the arrival of Islamic invaders rarely plundered the local populace. Like everywhere else they taxed their subjects. Most of the bloodbaths happened between Royal families and their members and the common person hardly felt it..
                          As many are aware Non -islamic India was heavily divided into castes. The war were engaged in by the wariior castes(Which were in the most cases extended members of the Royal family and nobility) and the rest were usually left alone as long as they paid taxes.
                          This is in stark contrast to Islamic and European invasions which uprooted the very social(mostly in the case of Islamic invaders) and economic fabric(mostly by the British) of India as the latter two rarely identified themselves as Indians and more often than not were seeking converts and were seeking to impose away of life very alien and exploitative to the average Indian and destroyed the tried and true economic systems that had worked for Indians for 3000 years.India enjoyed some of the highest living standards in thw world till about 1800 when the British were starting to make their presence felt(And this was after the Rajas and Maharajsa had ruled for around 3000 years) When the British left in the 1940s India had some of the lowest living standards. so essentially the Bristih accomplished in 150 years what the Native rulers failed to do in 3000 years

                          The Indian Maharajas and Rajas were a mixed lot ranging from some very astute and benovelont all the way to few despots with everything in between. Many took their duties and obligations to their people very seriously.

                          Also after India gained independence the Indian government usurped the overwhelming majority of their property in the form of the Land ceiling act and later on the Abolishment of the Privy purses and imposition of heavy taxes on former Indian Royalty and the landed gentry. The overwhelming majority of this usruped wealth was redistributed among the landless peasants.

                          It would be very unfair to judge the former Indian Royalty as mere plunderers. They like most Indians contributed heavily to all aspects of Indian life and culture some of this impact may be negative but you have to give them credit for being able to maintian a fairly high standard of liveng for the average Indian for almost 3000 years.
                          To be fair Indian media and especially Indian film industry had done them diservice by focusing heavily on some few rottenapples in the interests of sensationalism to tarnish the image of the rest.
                          Last edited by Slim; 14 May 14, 18:13.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by vikram72 View Post
                            The Problem with British Posters on this forum is that; they assume that many millions of Pounds are spent on India,

                            they should get proper data, protest to their Government, get it stopped if they can,

                            Unfortunately UK is no longer a big Empire , paying and helping your former colonies is charity , which they should do. After all your forefathers have plundered those poor Nations,

                            your charity will not go down the drain, good deeds always pay you back.

                            most of religions say so.

                            dont be jealous of poor insignificant India, that is below your dignity,

                            rather you should be proud of our achievements,

                            After all Britain has contributed to it.
                            We don't assume anything, millions do go in to an aid budget which until not long ago included China. India has a sophisticated military budget and r.n.d in space tech. You don't need it. It should go to those who really need it.
                            Not one poster here is nostalgic for the Raj nor do we believe in the sins of the father being past on to his children so reparations stuff is nonsense. It seems India has kept much of the legacy that was the Raj. Just watching your troops one can see that. No one is jealous of India, good luck to you. The only reason this is even being discussed is because that troll Slim hijacked a comment about British overseas aid with his own agenda. Others have fallen for it.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by vikram72 View Post
                              Since 1962 when Chinese has stabbed us in our back, we tend to take our security and defense seriously,

                              see Chinky buddy, we do not wish to become satellite state of Either Peoples So called Republic of China or Western block.

                              love us or hate Chinkies has deal with us. you have no option left.
                              ...and here comes another one...
                              "We have no white flag."

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Slim View Post
                                It is not as simple as that. The Rajas and Maharajas especially Native ones were hereditary rulers. They did engage in wars and battles but till the arrival of Islamic invaders rarely plundered the local populace. Like everywhere else they taxed their subjects. Most of the bloodbaths happened between Royal families and their members and the common person hardly felt it..
                                As many are aware Non -islamic India was heavily divided into castes. The war were engaged in by the wariior castes(Which were in the most cases extended members of the Royal family and nobility) and the rest were usually left alone as long as they paid taxes.
                                This is in stark contrast to Islamic and European invasions which uprooted the very social(mostly in the case of Islamic invaders) and economic fabric(mostly by the British) of India as the latter two rarely identified themselves as Indians and more often than not were seeking converts and were seeking to impose away of life very alien and exploitative to the average Indian and destroyed the tried and true economic systems that had worked for Indians for 3000 years.India enjoyed some of the highest living standards in thw world till about 1800 when the British were starting to make their presence felt(And this was after the Rajas and Maharajsa had ruled for around 3000 years) When the British left in the 1940s India had some of the lowest living standards. so essentially the Bristih accomplished in 150 years what the Native rulers failed to do in 3000 years

                                The Indian Maharajas and Rajas were a mixed lot ranging from some very astute and benovelont all the way to few despots with everything in between. Many took their duties and obligations to their people very seriously.

                                Also after India gained independence the Indian government usurped the overwhelming majority of their property in the form of the Land ceiling act and later on the Abolishment of the Privy purses and imposition of heavy taxes on former Indian Royalty and the landed gentry. The overwhelming majority of this usruped wealth was redistributed among the landless peasants.

                                It would be very unfair to judge the former Indian Royalty as mere plunderers. They like most Indians contributed heavily to all aspects of Indian life and culture some of this impact may be negative but you have to give them credit for being able to maintian a fairly high standard of liveng for the average Indian for almost 3000 years.
                                To be fair Indian media and especially Indian film industry had done them diservice by focusing heavily on some few rottenapples in the interests of sensationalism to tarnish the image of the rest.
                                Similarly, it's very unfair to judge the British Raj as mere plunderers.
                                My parents knew several members of the former Imperial ICS (Indian Civil Service) who went to India and dedicated their lives to the welfare of the people for whom they were responsible : then passing a sad retirement in a post-Imperial England.

                                This is not to wallow in nostalgia: India deserved full independence and all good wishes for a happy and prosperous future- still, one wonders what Mahatma Gandhi would have made of India's powerful military.
                                Last edited by BELGRAVE; 15 May 14, 18:44.
                                "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                                Samuel Johnson.

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X