China acquire Tu-22 production line from Russia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China acquire Tu-22 production line from Russia

Very interesting deal here...I've heard this as a rumor over the years, looks like it finally happened. This will cost China $1.5 billion, the deal comes with 36 aircraft, an initial batch of 12, followed by a second batch of 24 aircraft.

The Chinese Naval Air Force will rename the Tu-22M3, it will be known as the H-10.

This link is in Chinese...you'll need to translate it on your own.

http://junshi.daqi.com/article/2988415.html
    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

I'm still trying to find confirmation, there aren't any news reports here on it whatsoever.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

A replacement for the Xian H-6?
      "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
      Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
      Mark Twain.

Comment

TU-22M3 designed in 1969...even with updated avionics and electronics, its no match for the latest Aegis Radar that are installed on American naval vessels.

Comment

Then there's this report.

China to follow Russia in developing next-generation bomber << Want China Times

Looks like China is moving their attention to the Bomber fleet now.
          Asia/Pacific Military Blog & Forum: http://PacificSentinel.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
            TU-22M3 designed in 1969...even with updated avionics and electronics, its no match for the latest Aegis Radar that are installed on American naval vessels.
            I'm sure their primary role will be as stand-off platforms for supersonic ASMs.
            Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
              I mostly recall these from the old Harpoon computer game. Pretty damn neat as I recall them. And they never approached inside the firing range of any surface vessels.

Comment

Originally posted by PacificSentinel View Post

that would be some serious increase in capability...
                "We have no white flag."

Comment

Hmmmm, just a little more capability to project power over the Taiwan Straight, The East China Sea, the South China Sea and the Phillippine Sea? Just...a though.
                  TTFN

Comment

It's not the platform, it's the missiles they'll be launching, and the TU-22 can carry a fair few.
                    Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

Kind of sucks we don't have the F14 and Pheonix to counter that threat.

Comment

Originally posted by Naffenea View Post
                        Kind of sucks we don't have the F14 and Pheonix to counter that threat.
                        Don't need it any more. The newer AMRAAMs and their fire controls exceed both the range and capability of Phoenix. The later was first conceived for use on the YF-12A (fighter version of the SR 71) in the late 60's. Things have advanced quite a bit since then.

Comment

Originally posted by Kendoka Girl View Post
                          Hmmmm, just a little more capability to project power over the Taiwan Straight, The East China Sea, the South China Sea and the Phillippine Sea? Just...a though.
                          Another thought...they would also be able to reach the Hawaiian islands.

Comment

Originally posted by PacificSentinel View Post

Yep, the technology transfer from this deal is more important than the aircraft. The technology transfer will be very helpful towards their goal of producing a large stealthy, long-range bomber.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                              Don't need it any more. The newer AMRAAMs and their fire controls exceed both the range and capability of Phoenix. The later was first conceived for use on the YF-12A (fighter version of the SR 71) in the late 60's. Things have advanced quite a bit since then.
                              I didn't realize the AIM-120D was that capable. Pretty impressive when used with an F-22.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X