Somone's about to have a very bad day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somone's about to have a very bad day

[IMG]http://media.airspacemag.com/images/631*355/20121107_DACT_main.jpg[/IMG]

PS, Looks like the pic posting doesn't work, but the link is worth following.....

Cool Pic, Posted just for the hell of it.

from http://www.airspacemag.com/snapshot/177645251.html

"
    Air & Space reader and U.S. Navy public affairs officer Lieutenant David Tarr sent us a bunch of very cool images from the crew of the USS George Washington, stationed in the Pacific. In October, the Navy's Strike Fighter Squadron 27 and Carrier Air Wing 5 engaged in Dissimilar Aircraft Combat Training with the Royal Malaysian Air Force, pitting their F/A-18E Super Hornets in dogfights with the Royal Mace Su-30 MKM Flanker and allowing the pilots real-world training with non-U.S. aircraft. The RMAF also flies the MiG-29 Fulcrum N and the BAE Hawk; Navy pilots were allowed to sit in the cockpit of the MiG and tour the facilities before the training, as well. "

Image: U.S. Navy, courtesy Lt. David Tarr"
    One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions - Admiral Grace Hopper

"The eunuch should not take pride in his chastity."
    Wu Cheng'en Monkey

Sometimes, a direct copy and past will work;

Then again, some website, like the one you are referring to, will not allow you to link to photos in such a manner. (The photo showed up on the editor but was replaced with a link when previewed.)

For safety reasons, live fire training exercise against other aircraft, like the miss pictured here, does not take place. Computers on both aircraft are used to record lock on, launches, and probably of a hit. Other then that, the dogfights are conducted for real.
    “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Yep, Though I am wondering, what sort of targets would they actually be firing at? Drones?
      One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions - Admiral Grace Hopper

"The eunuch should not take pride in his chastity."
      Wu Cheng'en Monkey

Comment

Is most of the value in the experience of maneuvering against a non-western aircraft?
        Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Indian airforce sent some Su30MKIs at Red Flag 2008, and will do so again in 2013.
          "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
          Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
          Mark Twain.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X