• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRC government tries to pass off Top Gun footage as its own

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...onZKABK-qxE3Rw

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...XxdRp2KlNdZ_Tg

This is interesting in light of this thread

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=117825

Nothing shall ever surprise me about China except for maybe when they can produce commercial products that won't kill you or fail three seconds after you throw away the box.
    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Wow!!! How embarrasing.

You do know that there is a difference between the CCTV and the "PRC government" right?

Nice try Slim.
      Last edited by IDonT4; 08 Nov 12, 04:43.

Comment

We already had this covered last year.

When you realise CNN or other media outlets have problems with basic geography,and choosing videos as well....

It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge.

Косово је Србија!
        Never go to war with a country whose national holiday celebrates a defeat in 1389.

Armored Brigade

Armored Brigade Facebook page

Comment

Those are two mistakes for sure but hardly comparable to fake footage of your jet fighters shooting down aircraft.

Apples and oranges.
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
            Those are two mistakes for sure but hardly comparable to fake footage of your jet fighters shooting down aircraft.

Apples and oranges.
            Media makes mistakes that is hardly news. The main issue here is that Slim is implying that the "PRC Government" is somehow responsible for this. That is an absurd line of thinking.

By the way, it is not as bad as having a Pakistani JF-17 on the front page on a special report of the Indian Navy on "Navy Day".

http://blogs.defenceaviation.com/aoa...blication.html

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

Apples and oranges.
              Nope,but they used to show videos of Serbian refugees as Bosniaks..or Albanians,I might get wrong here,it was years ago.
              It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge.

Косово је Србија!
              Never go to war with a country whose national holiday celebrates a defeat in 1389.

Armored Brigade

Armored Brigade Facebook page

Comment

hehehe...

it's funny in almost whatever light. it would have been, too, except that I can see but one purpose of your "in light of this thread" connection, and "in light of this", it's not funny at all.
                "We have no white flag."

Comment

Originally posted by IDonT4 View Post
                  Media makes mistakes that is hardly news. The main issue here is that Slim is implying that the "PRC Government" is somehow responsible for this. That is an absurd line of thinking.

By the way, it is not as bad as having a Pakistani JF-17 on the front page on a special report of the Indian Navy on "Navy Day".

http://blogs.defenceaviation.com/aoa...blication.html

"This is interesting", SPECIALLY "in light of this":

"We have no white flag."

Comment

It clearly states Chinese central television a State owned and run media under complete ownership and control of the Government.

The Chinese fans will try to detract from the issue but they will not mention that China is a communist country and it determines what its media contains. T
                    Last edited by Slim; 08 Nov 12, 10:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Slim View Post
                      It clearly states Chinese central television a State owned and run media under complete ownership and control of the Government.
                      BBC, for example, is funded by the British Government and is a semi-autonomous TV broadcaster. Using your logic, any mistake that the BBC makes is automatically has a bearing on, not just the competence of the British Government, but on every single accomplishment the British nation and British people have as a whole. That includes patent filings.

As I said before, nice try.

The Chinese fans will try to detract from the issue but they will not mention that China is a communist country and it determines what its media contains.
                      If you haven't notice it by now. China is no longer a communist country. It is a single party authoritarian state. There is a difference. Yes, it controls the media in that country. However, how does this news clip have a bearing on the rise of China's patent filings? Logic, Slim, logic.

Comment

Originally posted by GMan88 View Post
                        hehehe...

it's funny in almost whatever light. it would have been, too, except that I can see but one purpose of your "in light of this thread" connection, and "in light of this", it's not funny at all.
                        The problem with Slim is that there is a disconnect between what he believes China's development level is and where China's development is in reality. He is trying to make the data fit his conclusions instead of having his conclusions fit the data. You need to view his posts "in the light of this."

Comment

Originally posted by Slim View Post

The Chinese fans will try to detract from the issue but they will not mention that China is a communist country and it determines what its media contains. T
                          dig yourself deeper, go ahead...
                          "We have no white flag."

Comment

Logic, Slim, logic.

One simply flies out the window, while the other leaves a pile of bull by-product.

Now I find it funny, though. I needed that laugh. (I loved the Tom Cruise part, but after my initial head-scratching reaction, what I found funniest about all this now is the fact that someone would choose to make something bigger than it actually is heeheehee)
                            "We have no white flag."

Comment

The problem with Slim is that there is a disconnect between what he believes China's development level is and where China's development is in reality. He is trying to make the data fit his conclusions instead of having his conclusions fit the data. You need to view his posts "in the light of this."
                              "In light of" his previous posts, I'm of the opinion that he has an agenda. But anyway, I choose to interpret his posts with the comic relief inherent in them. "In light of" his posts, I find him talented in the extreme... I haven't laughed this hard for some time.
                              "We have no white flag."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X