No announcement yet.

Why the heck is this soldier using. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the heck is this soldier using. . .

. . . an X-Box controller!?

It appears that he is using the U.S. Army's land warrior system. Look at the eye piece on his helmet, it is part of the land warrior system.

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/land_warrior/

excerpt from the link: "The US Army began operational assessment of the Land Warrior and Mounted Warrior systems in May 2006 with the 4th Stryker Brigade Combat Team (SBCT) at Fort Lewis, Washington. 440 Land Warrior systems and 147 Mounted Warrior systems were used in the assessment. The assessment concluded in September 2006 and was followed by limited user test."
    Last edited by mike192; 14 Jun 10, 16:05.

Comment

and it makes sense to use an x box or playstation controller since almost everyone in the US is familar with them now days.

Comment

Personally I was just confused as to why they would choose a glaring white piece of plastic to go with their camouflage. . .

Comment

Originally posted by daemonofdecay View Post
          Personally I was just confused as to why they would choose a glaring white piece of plastic to go with their camouflage. . .
          Good point. Perhaps we will get a desert camo xbox controller! I'd buy one.

Comment

Originally posted by daemonofdecay View Post
            . . . an X-Box controller!?

Because it was a controller intyerface that the designers concluded, correctly, that almost all soldiers would already be familiar with.
            "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
            George Mason
            Co-author of the Second Amendment
            during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Comment

You'd think they'd have given it to someone with a bit more l33t name than Bogden though.

Are there no Rangers with surnames like EvIlKilL3R?

More to the point, does he need a three kill streak before he can call in the UAV?

Comment

Originally posted by Fodder76 View Post
                You'd think they'd have given it to someone with a bit more l33t name than Bogden though.

Are there no Rangers with surnames like EvIlKilL3R?

More to the point, does he need a three kill streak before he can call in the UAV?

There is a SSG Max Fightmaster on active duty!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X