The AK40 (made up)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The AK40 (made up)

Ok, so I made this new assault rifle up using www.pimpmygun.doctornoob.com, which is an excellent non-real life gun creating game, and I decided I wanted to make a .40 caliber rifle...

...I probably just warranted a number of rants and raves right there with the caliber, but anyways-it's called the AK40...and it has the receiver of an SVD, a UAS stock with a recoil reducing part inside, an AKM pistol grip, adapted AK74 clip, top rail mount with choice of rear iron sight (in conjunction with static front sight) or optic, an AKM hand guard with side and bottom rail mounts for foregrip and/or flashlight, laser, etc., AK47 gas blocker and shortened barrel, and last but not least, the compensator.

Now, since it is a .40 caliber rifle, recoil would be significant-note the recoil reducing in the stock and compensator. Also, it has 2 and 3 shot burst mode, for more accuracy.

I'm thinking of making it 2,3,full-like the AN94, so it would fit well in my alternate history stories-which is the main reason for making it (other than fun).

here it is (I added tape on it too, and muzzle flash, and yes, those are 2 .40 caliber bullets set behind the muzzle flash don't ask me why (tried to make it look like just the bullet itself but the casing is visible barely:P
    AK40.jpg
    "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

If you're talking .40S&W, the recoil would be negligible to none. 7.22x39 is a much more powerful cartridge than .40
    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Why a pistol cartridge? Still, cool looking.

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
        If you're talking .40S&W, the recoil would be negligible to none.
        Well...I wasn't exactly thinking Smith and Wesson, as it is a made up Russian gun, but...thanks anyways for that insight.

7.22x39 is a much more powerful cartridge than .40
        Hmm...I've never heard of the 7.22, I've definitely heard of the 7.62-why would I choose it over 7.62, 6.8...he he he....there we go...I should make it 6.8 mm rounds for the AK40

Originally posted by Naffenea View Post
        Why a pistol cartridge? Still, cool looking.
        I assume you mean in the picture itself? I don't know-that's all there was for .40 in there-it was labeled rifle cartridge but obviously it's the same that you'd see in a .40 cal pistol.

As for the decision-I thought it was an original idea. (There are other .40 caliber rifles, too though)
        "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

AKSVD redone.jpg

Ok, here's a redone version-I accidentally put two, however, but they're the same thing.

I made it better-by putting a rear iron sight mount in the correct location, as well as the front sight, and a couple other things.

I renamed it the AKSVD (original name) and decided on the 7.22x39 cartridge that was suggested.

--Hávamál

Comment

Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post
            [ATTACH]30971[/ATTACH]
            I renamed it the AKSVD (original name) and decided on the 7.22x39 cartridge that was suggested.
            I believe that that was a typo by TC4. There is no cartridge with that name. It's the 7.62x39mm.

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
              I believe that that was a typo by TC4. There is no cartridge with that name. It's the 7.62x39mm.
              That's what I thought after trying to google it...all I got in suggestions was 7.62x39, and random math stuff and a couple car racing tires or something ha ha.

Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post
              the 7.22x39 cartridge that was suggested.
              I will would like to have non-typoed suggestions for a caliber for this weapon...I was thinking 6.8 mm, but feel free to suggest better/different calibers!

--Hávamál

Comment

.577 Tyrannosaur.

Comment

Originally posted by llkinak View Post
                  .577 Tyrannosaur.
                  Holy...shaaaaitt....

--Hávamál

Comment

Some of my designs are in this thread....

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...highlight=pimp
                    "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                    Ernest Hemingway.

"We're all going to die, all of us; what a circus! That alone should make us love each other, but it doesn't. We are terrorised and flattened by trivialities."
                    Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
                      Some of my designs are in this thread....

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...highlight=pimp
                      LOL fun thread but do you have cartridge suggestions?

--Hávamál

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X