No announcement yet.

Whats wrong with this Iranian picture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats wrong with this Iranian picture?

Can anyone point out whats wrong with this Iranian "S-300 advanced, long-range air-and-missile defense missile" in their latest “Army Day” parade ? . Robert

For the first time I have seen "History" at close quarters,and I know that its actual process is very different from what is presented to Posterity. - WWI General Max Hoffman

My mistake - no image at first...my fault.

Well, let's see... right off, those look like a line of oil drums welded together.

Beyond that, there would be the slight problem of no erector mechanism or on-board crane for positioning these "missiles". Unless they plan to dig a pit, drive the front of the truck into it and then incinerate the cab, launching might be a wee bit tricky.

Then there are those red-painted metal end caps, which are hard on actual warheads when they hit them.

Conveniently missing are any form of actual command and control gear, such as radar, radio antennae or much of anything else useful in the role of "missile interceptor", although it could be somewhere else in the parade.

Blast armor looks a tad light, too, not to mention the tires are barely dented despite the weight of three missiles and blast armor plus vehicle itself.

Looks more like something Hollywoody would turn out.
    Last edited by Mountain Man; 19 Apr 10, 20:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Might be able to if there were a link to an image.
      Look again . Robert
      For the first time I have seen "History" at close quarters,and I know that its actual process is very different from what is presented to Posterity. - WWI General Max Hoffman

Comment

Appears that the cyclinders on the back of this truck are empty. Look at how the tires seem normally inflated.

These weapons, when fully loaded could possibly tip the truck backwards.
        Kevin Kenneally
        Masters from a school of "hard knocks"
        Member of a Ph.D. Society (Post hole. Digger)

Comment

Well, let's see... right off, those look like a line of oil drums welded together.

Beyond that, there would be the slight problem of no erector mechanism or on-board crane for positioning these "missiles". Unless they plan to dig a pit, drive the front of the truck into it and then incinerate the cab, launching might be a wee bit tricky.

Then there are those red-painted metal end caps, which are hard on actual warheads when they hit them.

Looks more like something Hollywoody would turn out.
          Bingo!!!! Also the Russians haven't delivered the S-300 yet either . Gotta love the propaganda attempts. The Iranian military can defeat anyone attacking their country they claim . I guess only if their enemies are using fake weaponry too . Robert
          Last edited by JCFalkenbergIII; 19 Apr 10, 20:18.

Comment

Gotta love the Goosestep too. Robert

http://uk.reuters.com/news/video?=40...videoChannel=1

Comment

Isn't it amazing how many dictatorships like the goose-step? North Korea uses it, too.

It's almost like you can't be a Bad Boy if you don't goose-step.

Comment

Isn't it amazing how many dictatorships like the goose-step? North Korea uses it, too.

It's almost like you can't be a Bad Boy if you don't goose-step.
                No kidding . That and the real purty uniforms too. Robert

Comment

Those are rather kind of...Picasso like uniforms huh?

Rofl. Screamed kinda queer if you asked me.
                  Sincerely,

xllhawksllx

Comment

Did they have guys marching in gillie suits?
                    I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

Its funny how when you look at the photos of the so called "New" weapons how fake some look. Some even look like just old US made weapons. Robert

Comment

Originally posted by xllhawksllx View Post
                        Those are rather kind of...Picasso like uniforms huh?

Rofl. Screamed kinda queer if you asked me.
                        Agreed. Doesn't have the same affect as the smart uniforms the Wehrmacht and Red Army had.
                        "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
                          Agreed. Doesn't have the same affect as the smart uniforms the Wehrmacht and Red Army had.
                          No it doesn't does it? . But they have to look good to the cameras and to impress their own people . Robert

Comment

The closing show of the parade was Ahmadinejad's twin brother (a singer) performing a smash hit.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
                            --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Originally posted by comm. waffle View Post
                              Did they have guys marching in gillie suits?
                              Didn't see any yet. But they were there last year . And even they were Goosestepping . Robert

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X