X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-34 Tank in Bermondsey, Sth London..

http://www.shootlocate.com/locations...&catid=8&l=308

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandela_Way_T-34_Tank

Wow...interesting indeed!!! Thanks for the post.......so that gives me a legitimate reason to use a T-34 as my counter next time I play Monopoly!!!

Comment

Ha! Ha! absolutely Johhny, bang away..

Comment

well, if i was living on Old Kent Road, i would probably want an T-34 in my frontyard as well....

Comment

Well I've heard of underwater tanks, but this is ridiculous!!
          'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
          " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Quoted from the first article

They mounted one of their T-34s on a pedestal in the city's central square—supposedly as a memorial to the Russian soldiers who had liberated the population from the Nazis back in 1945, but in practice to remind the locals that Moscow didn't take kindly to anyone 'reforming' Communism. Local artists were less impressed, however, and painted it pink.
            One thing when you mock a random decommissioned military vehicle, another thing is when you mock a memorial.

Maybe the Red Army should have stopped at their border for some time just to let the Nazis murder everyone they wanted, so the Czechs would feel more respect to those who died to kick the Nazis out.
            www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

Originally posted by ShAA View Post
              Quoted from the first article

One thing when you mock a random decommissioned military vehicle, another thing is when you mock a memorial.

Maybe the Red Army should have stopped at their border for some time just to let the Nazis murder everyone they wanted, so the Czechs would feel more respect to those who died to kick the Nazis out.
              Ah.. .the age old issue raises its ugly head again.

Maybe the Red Army should have left after liberating the Czechs and stopped meddling in their affairs, so that the Czechs would feel more respect to those who died to kick the Nazis out.

Comment

Originally posted by String View Post
                Ah.. .the age old issue raises its ugly head again.

Maybe the Red Army should have left after liberating the Czechs and stopped meddling in their affairs, so that the Czechs would feel more respect to those who died to kick the Nazis out.
                And how did those who died to kick the Nazis out meddle into Czech affairs?
                www.histours.ru

Comment

And how did those who died to kick the Nazis out meddle into Czech affairs?
                  And what has all this got to do with a T34 in Bermondsey???
                  'By Horse by Tram'.

" Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Originally posted by lcm1 View Post
                    And what has all this got to do with a T34 in Bermondsey???
                    See post #6 in this thread. Taken from this article

http://www.aleksandramir.info/texts/gibbs.html
                    www.histours.ru

Comment

I'd suggest taking it up with the author of the article. Nobody here made any such claim.
                      Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

OK if that is your defence, it's a pretty poor one for the same question applys.
                        'By Horse by Tram'.

" Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Originally posted by lcm1 View Post
                          OK if that is your defence, it's a pretty poor one for the same question applys.
                          Defence? The article claimed this tank was a monument to fallen soldiers or a part of it. If this information is wrong, I'll take my words back, if not - I'll rest my case.
                          www.histours.ru

Comment

Your wrong.

Description:

A local landmark of the Old Kent road area, this Soviet T-34 tank is owned by Russell Gray, who lives nearby, and has been the subject of a work by Cubitt Artists and Aleksandra Mir who painted it pink in 2002. It has since been repainted.

It sits in a small bit of scrubland on the corner of Mandela way and Pages walk
                            Parking:

There is no parking in the vicinity, only residential roads. Need to check permits.
                            Access:

The tank is in a small bit of scrubland that has fences on all three sides, and a building wall on the fourth.

The fence is wide open on the road-side however.
                            Additional information:

The tank's colour changes on a relatively frequent basis, depending on the artists who have last worked on it. Worth checking out before any shoots.

The tank has approximately 4 metres of grass all the way around it, but some of it is overgrown, and rubbish is frequent - may need cleaning.

And the paint jobs in the Wiki article are pretty cool. They ought to make it a yearly thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
                              Your wrong.

Description:

A local landmark of the Old Kent road area, this Soviet T-34 tank is owned by Russell Gray, who lives nearby, and has been the subject of a work by Cubitt Artists and Aleksandra Mir who painted it pink in 2002. It has since been repainted.

It sits in a small bit of scrubland on the corner of Mandela way and Pages walk
                              Parking:

There is no parking in the vicinity, only residential roads. Need to check permits.
                              Access:

The tank is in a small bit of scrubland that has fences on all three sides, and a building wall on the fourth.

The fence is wide open on the road-side however.
                              Additional information:

The tank's colour changes on a relatively frequent basis, depending on the artists who have last worked on it. Worth checking out before any shoots.

The tank has approximately 4 metres of grass all the way around it, but some of it is overgrown, and rubbish is frequent - may need cleaning.

And the paint jobs in the Wiki article are pretty cool. They ought to make it a yearly thing.
                              Er, I meant that the article implied that the tank was hijacked from the original pedestal in the Czech republic and brought to London. Or is it another tank?
                              www.histours.ru

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X