A Question on Divisions and Brigades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Question on Divisions and Brigades

First of all, I'm not sure this is in the correct place, I was caught between this area and Order of Battle, so if it's not correct if a mod could please move it...

This may seem an odd question, but, I'm looking for on average, about how many MBT's, IFV's, infantry, Humvee's, etc a modern day United States/NATO division has in it. Even if I have to go back into the Cold War era, or even WWII, I'm rather confused. Wiki and Google haven't helped so you guys are my last .

I need this info, as basically I'm trying to run an odd sort of a modern-day game, and I'm trying to come up with standardized units, so any help with Brigades would also be appreciated...

Thanks!
    It's not that I should win, but that others should loose.

You could try Globalsecurity.org and see what they have. If you click on the countries section and then click on the military section it lists various units from each country. They might give the actual count of AFV's in brigades/divisions there.

Comment

Originally posted by BooBoo130 View Post
      You could try Globalsecurity.org and see what they have. If you click on the countries section and then click on the military section it lists various units from each country. They might give the actual count of AFV's in brigades/divisions there.
      Thanks, I couldn't find a US section though.

Comment

The fastest way is to join the Yahoo TO&E group. They have pretty good material for the US and many are also members of ACG. thomas.tmcc is either a moderator or the group owner.

If you only need general info I probably have some stuff in the 'good enough for gaming' category you can use.
        Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

If you really want to get into the weeds look in the used book stores or web sites for the old US Army FM of that era. They have the TO/TE down to every truck, tank, and radio.

Comment

Thanks guys. I actually got a general amount by going on wiki and adding up each individual brigade, and it seemed to work fine.

Thanks again for the help!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X