Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know. Please only send real issues not things like I hate the colors of the site or the site looks cheap now. I am trying to get as many issues fixed for you as i can and If i have to read through stuff like that it's going to take me longer to get stuff fixed.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

Top 10 pistols of WW1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 pistols of WW1

Hi I'm back if you read my last post in the 10 top riles of WW1 I can now use 5 pistols so I don't need 10 rifles but 5 rifles and 5 pistols so if you you have an opinion on the pistols I'm open to suggestions now I have 4

1)M1904 Navy Parabellum
    2)M 1896 Mauser Pistol
    3)M1915 Beretta pistol
    4)M1911 pistol

Oh never mind, my fault, I thought you were talking about WWII.
    Last edited by MonsterZero; 30 Mar 09, 01:18.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

double post

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
      --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Webley MK VI
        Once you have flown a Spitfire, it spoils you for all other fighters. Every other aircraft seems imperfect in one way or another.
        LT Colonel William R Dunn. USAAF

Comment

Originally posted by webley View Post
          Webley MK VI
          [nitpick]Surely that is what's technically known as a "revolver", rather than a "pistol", right?[end-nitpick]

Comment

What, no Nagant revolver?
            I just added it not for its combat value ( near zero) but because I own one and its a blast to shoot.
            Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wicked of men will do the most wicked of things for the greatest good of everyone.- John Maynard Keynes

Comment

The Colt 1911 was such a great pistol it was the prime sidearm of the US military until the 1990's. A timeless design.
              God Save The Republic.

Comment

I have several of these; here would be my top five, admittedly "fun to shoot" is part of my criteria:

Colt M1911. Hands-down the winner for reasons oft discussed.

Webley Mk. VI - solid, good stopping power, fast to unload.

Mauser Broomhandle - ten-round capacity. I don't think the shoulder stock helps that much but others might disagree. A red nine is probably better than the .30 cal. model, but either are outstanding as long as you keep up with the pieces when field stripping.

Smith & Wesson 1917 (in .45 ACP) - classic design, a lot like the Webley to shoot.

[tie] Steyr - 8-round capacity, good overall pistol, not well balanced; French Mod. 1892, good small-caliber revolver.

In a trench fight, I would prefer any of the above to an 1895 Nagant, a 1910 Glisenti, or anything Belgium was using (the Belgian stuff was very well made but the calibers were too small for my comfort). I've seen but do not own a Gasser, which looks like a beast.

Why not the Luger? It was a great-looking pistol that got by on its looks. It's angled grip made it a bit finicky, it's kick is moderately stout, and I could see how it would have fouling problems. Also, I don't like a pistol that can still shoot once after its receiver is detached from the grip and trigger; it's like a decapitated snake that can still bite.
                "There are only two professions in the world in which the amateur excels the professional. One, military strategy, and, two, prostitution."
                -- Maj. Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower

(Avatar: Commodore Edwin Ward Moore, Republic of Texas Navy)

Comment

Originally posted by Johan Banér View Post
                  [nitpick]Surely that is what's technically known as a "revolver", rather than a "pistol", right?[end-nitpick]
                  It is specifically a Revolver but also a pistol.
                  Once you have flown a Spitfire, it spoils you for all other fighters. Every other aircraft seems imperfect in one way or another.
                  LT Colonel William R Dunn. USAAF

Comment

what he said.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Jordan View Post
                      I have several of these; here would be my top five, admittedly "fun to shoot" is part of my criteria:

Colt M1911. Hands-down the winner for reasons oft discussed.

Webley Mk. VI - solid, good stopping power, fast to unload.

Mauser Broomhandle - ten-round capacity. I don't think the shoulder stock helps that much but others might disagree. A red nine is probably better than the .30 cal. model, but either are outstanding as long as you keep up with the pieces when field stripping.

Smith & Wesson 1917 (in .45 ACP) - classic design, a lot like the Webley to shoot.

[tie] Steyr - 8-round capacity, good overall pistol, not well balanced; French Mod. 1892, good small-caliber revolver.

In a trench fight, I would prefer any of the above to an 1895 Nagant, a 1910 Glisenti, or anything Belgium was using (the Belgian stuff was very well made but the calibers were too small for my comfort). I've seen but do not own a Gasser, which looks like a beast.

Why not the Luger? It was a great-looking pistol that got by on its looks. It's angled grip made it a bit finicky, it's kick is moderately stout, and I could see how it would have fouling problems. Also, I don't like a pistol that can still shoot once after its receiver is detached from the grip and trigger; it's like a decapitated snake that can still bite.
                      Jon's list except I'd put the Luger P08 9mm over the Steyr............
                      Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Here's a few more to consider..........

-Webley-Fosbury .455 cal. "automatic-revolver"

http://www.cornellpubs.com/Templates...0Revolvers.htm

-Mosin-Nagant M1895 7.62mm revolver

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagant_M1895
                        Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Working...