Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

TT-33 Surplus Pistols

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TT-33 Surplus Pistols

http://classicarms.us/ has Romanian surplus TT pistols, just like those used by the Soviets in WWII, on sale for only $219. This is very tempting.

What's C&R though?

I never bought a gun online.

Last edited by MonsterZero; 01 Mar 09, 11:28.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

C&R= Curios and Relics.
    It's a good deal if you want one for historical purposes. If you want it for shooting, Tok ammo isn't the easiest to find or the cheapest.
    Depending on where you live, you'll probably have to have it transferred through an FFL dealer. They'll probably charge $25 or so to do this.
    I just saw that you live in Chicago---good luck!
    Last edited by johns624; 01 Mar 09, 12:21.

Comment

Very cool! Though I suppose if you're a Soviet army reenactor or something, you might want an inert version rather than the real deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Alina View Post
        Very cool! Though I suppose if you're a Soviet army reenactor or something, you might want an inert version rather than the real deal.
        LOL, I don't collect inert pistols. All guns in my posession fire live ammo. I think Dr. Sinister in London owns inert guns. He doesn't have other choices because of British gun laws...

As for the cost of ammo, that same dealer is offering 800 rounds for
        $95 or so. That's dirt cheap. As to the quality of the ammo-I don't have a clue what it is. It could be corrosive.
        Last edited by MonsterZero; 01 Mar 09, 13:35.

Comment

Aren't handguns verboten in Chicago?

Comment

Prices these days are insane. I never thought I'd see a day when a non-russian TT-33 would go for over $200. Anyways, all ammo is corrosive, we're really just talking about a matter of degree. Care for you gun well and it won't matter if your ammo is corrosive.

Comment

Originally posted by johns624@sbcglo View Post
              Aren't handguns verboten in Chicago?
              I'm not in the city itself. They are legal in suburbs. You can't own guns on Michigan Avenue along the lakefront, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
                Prices these days are insane. I never thought I'd see a day when a non-russian TT-33 would go for over $200. Anyways, all ammo is corrosive, we're really just talking about a matter of degree. Care for you gun well and it won't matter if your ammo is corrosive.
                I tend to compare with European or American designs which sell for $900. TT-33 is a remarkably good pistol, it's just ugly and not sexy. I can't imagine John Wayne carrying one on screen.

Comment

The Tok has excellent penetrative power but not much knockdown power. But it is excellent for motivating reluctant comrades!
                  Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wicked of men will do the most wicked of things for the greatest good of everyone.- John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Zap Brannigan View Post
                    The Tok has excellent penetrative power but not much knockdown power. But it is excellent for motivating reluctant comrades!
                    Apparently it has enough penetrative power to be a bit of a threat to lighter bullet vests.

Comment

Originally posted by String View Post
                      Apparently it has enough penetrative power to be a bit of a threat to lighter bullet vests.
                      Do you mean the hot loaded ammo used by the CZ vz 52?

Comment

MZ, I've dealt with Classic on a few occasions. They are honest and straight to deal with. Their Toks are good deals.
                        Welcome to the adult world. Kinda sucks when you have to be the responsible ones and take all the pot shots from the chagrined lefties and mongoloid celebrities, who don't know their collective posteriors from sound economic policy. - 98ZJUSMC

Comment

I hear about soldiers taking ammo for the PPSH and firing from a TT-33 and the pistol will blow up.

Comment

Another problem just occurred to me...I can buy the TT-33 and 800 rounds of surplus ammo but then the indoor target range won't let me shoot the surplus ammo because of lead contamination laws. The ranges are very picky about what kind of ammo they let you bring in.

This would make the pistol pretty useless because I'm in Chicago's suburbs. Indoor paid ranges are the only practical option.

Comment

What do they expect you to fire? Tungsten? APFSDS?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X