.50 cal Beowulf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .50 cal Beowulf

I recently saw an article about the .50 cal Beowulf round. It seems it is meant to be fired from assault type rifles based on the AR-15. It uses the basic AR-15 magazine, but altered to carry the .50 round (ie, a typical .556mm mag that would hold 20 rounds can hold 7 of the .50 cal Beowulf). Its designed for urban environments where over penetration is a concern. It returns to the age old concept of a big, relatively slow bullet with massive knock down power that does NOT over penetrate. Does anyone have any additional info about this round. Especially any first hand impressions.
    Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Re: .50 cal Beowulf

Originally posted by Lance Williams
    I recently saw an article about the .50 cal Beowulf round. It seems it is meant to be fired from assault type rifles based on the AR-15. It uses the basic AR-15 magazine, but altered to carry the .50 round (ie, a typical .556mm mag that would hold 20 rounds can hold 7 of the .50 cal Beowulf). Its designed for urban environments where over penetration is a concern. It returns to the age old concept of a big, relatively slow bullet with massive knock down power that does NOT over penetrate. Does anyone have any additional info about this round. Especially any first hand impressions.
    Here is a review.

http://www.gunblast.com/50Beowulf.htm

Cheers!

Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

My dad has this to say:

"Along with this same idea is an AR-15 upper half chambered for the .458 SOCOM. This uses standard M16 magazines (30 round mag holds 10 .458 SOCOM rounds). It's been successfully tested by a family friend who is a law enforcement officer."

http://www.teppojutsu.com/

"The AR-15 is a very good basis for a weapons system. Mix and match sub-assemblies for the mission at hand."
      "You realize that if I could actually purchase a weapon, I would stab you with it now?" --Roy, Order of the Stick #136

Governor of South Florida, Cuba, Louisiana, Manhattan, Hawaii, Illinois, Moon and Mars. Chief of Cybernetics Div., S.INC

Comment

Re: Re: .50 cal Beowulf

Originally posted by RichardS
        Here is a review.

http://www.gunblast.com/50Beowulf.htm

Cheers!

I just found this same site from Parakajat on a different thread. I sure wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of this beast. From the link it appears to accurate with moderate recoil. Has anyone fired it personally?
        Lance W.

Comment

Re: .50 cal Beowulf

Sounds like something I'd like to try, maybe even own. Any idea what the price is for this "superweapon".
          Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
          (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

Re: Re: .50 cal Beowulf

Originally posted by hogdriver
            Sounds like something I'd like to try, maybe even own. Any idea what the price is for this "superweapon".
            According to the associated link:

www.alexanderarms.com

There are several versions from $655 to $875. They also had info about two other rounds I had never heard of before the 6.5mm Grendel and the .21 Genghis.
            Lance W.

Comment

Come on there has to be somebody out there who actually fired one of these............
              Lance W.

Comment

Come on there has to be somebody out there who actually fired one of these............
                Still no one with hands on feedback?
                Lance W.

Comment

Come on...........somebody must have come across one of these.
                  Lance W.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X