panzer paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• panzer paint

can anyone tell me why the germans went with dark yellow in 1943?ive always assumed that it made them more difficult to pick out from the air,or from great distances,but i dont know. am i close?
    i yam what i yam and thats what i yam!

Re: panzer paint

Originally posted by terry patterson
    can anyone tell me why the germans went with dark yellow in 1943?ive always assumed that it made them more difficult to pick out from the air,or from great distances,but i dont know. am i close?
    The yellow is a much more natural colour than panzer grey. Except for winter; a yellow background doesn't appear as "unnatural" as gray and it does tend to blend in better with sand or grain/grass fields. And when applied with greens and reds makes a good woodlandish type camouflage.

Cheers!

Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Well being a military modeler and having to have researched all this particular stuff. RStory is right. Panzer Dunkelgelb (Tank Dark Yellow) is a very natural neutral color. It will blend in in most places most of the time and when Panzer Olivgrun, Shokolade Brown or Panzer Red-Brown are added you can create a wide variety of camo schemes. Check on the Panzer Colors series by Squadron Publications. They have a lot of pictures followed by an artist's sketch of the camo pattern in the picture and short write-ups of vehicle #'s, captured vehicle camo schemes, tactical markings and other stuff.
      The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X