Favorite WWII Bolt-Action rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite WWII Bolt-Action rifle

I have seen the results on my thread "best WWII Rifle", and have come to see the GARAND as the most popular rifle of WWII.
    Now I want to know which was the best bolt-action rifle of WWII.
    You can only vote for the following
    1.Mauser 98k
    2.Enfield (any model)
    3.Japanese Ariska 38
    4.Japanese type 99
    5.Japanese type 97
    6.The 1903 springfield
    7. any other WWII Bolt-Action rifles

Be selective when choosing.

I choose the Mauser98k!!!!!
    :bowdown: :bowdown:
    Mauser98k
    37.40%
    Enfield(any model)
    51.91%
    Japanese arsika 38
    0.00%
    Japanese type 99
    0.00%
    Jappanese type 97
    0.76%
    U.S. Springfield 1903
    9.92%
    Peter Williams

"We're not lost private, we're in Normandy"-

Lt. Richard Winters 101st 506 pir

I agree, the 98k was the best!

Comment

I had to vote american! But, I do own a Mitchell's mauser.

Comment

hmmm, well there is the Russian m-38 and m-44 carbines. The russian mosin-nagant m-91/30 bolt action rifle. The U.S. made enfield model 1917, and a personal fav the swiss scmidt rubin k-31 straight pull rifle. But I would have to vote for the 1903-a

Comment

Springfield and Mauser

The Springfield model 1903 as made from the German G-98.

JUST A HEADS UP!!!!!!!!!!
          :thumb:
          Peter Williams

Comment

I'd vote for the SMLE Enfield because of its 10 round magazine and rapid bolt action.
            Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

SMLE

The SMLE was a great bolt-action rifle. I can see why you picked it. The ten round magazine is alot better than the 5 round magazines found in most bolt-action rifles. You say it had a fast bolt-action movement, HOW FAST!!!
              CHEERS
              Peter Williams

Comment

Re: SMLE

Originally posted by panzerboy
                The SMLE was a great bolt-action rifle. I can see why you picked it. The ten round magazine is alot better than the 5 round magazines found in most bolt-action rifles. You say it had a fast bolt-action movement, HOW FAST!!!
                It's fast. So much so it's hard to find an SMLE that's not been modified for hunting to make it even faster.

Cheers!
                :Toast:

Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Favorite Bolt Action Rifle???

Personally I own 6 different bolt-action rifles from WWII.

I actually like all of them for different reasons.
                  None of them shoot worth a crap anymore....as far as accuracy goes.....but they still shoot.

Mauser 98k (with East Front front site) this is a very good weapon. A tad heavy but a nice rifle none-the-less. It's just one of those rifles that one might consider "timeless" Every person who's ever seen a WWII movie has seen one of these as well as in almost any picture of a German soldier from WWII. (really need a bayonet for this one)

Enfield Mk III ....... I just like the way this one looks...stubby nose.
                  It has a bit of a kick to it. (really need a bayonet for this one)

1891 Mosin-Nagant.....god is this one heavy....It LOOKS nice....a real man's rifle...but heavy.....especially on the business end. (really need a bayonet for this one)

1944 Mosin-Nagant....nice short little carbine style rifle. Nice clean lines...looks like a real killin' machine. This one has a bayonet that is permanently attached......nice feature...I knew guys in the Army that were stupid enough to lose theirs...no chance of this happening with this one.

Carcanno Carbine.......the same type of rifle used (supposedly) to kill JFK. This one is a nice looking rifle. This one comes with a strange sort of bayonet. It is not permanently attached. It can also be used a pocketknife...sort of a large one...but still. It looks sort of like a Switchblade.....without the spring. This allows you to either have it open or closed on or off the rifle.

French MAS 1936.......This is probably my favorite rifle.....although it has some odd features. The bolt actually angles toward the muzzle instead of being straight down like on most rifles. It has a spike bayonet that is stored and attached to a tube just under the barrel.....I LIKE THAT. The ammunition it fires is actually Armor Piercing. I have shot it completely through trees 8 inches in diameter.

Sorry to bore you all

dog

Comment

impresive collection

Frankly I would have to say I'm jellous. Do you have an M-1 Garand or a Springfield!!:thumb:

THANKS
                    Peter Williams

Comment

WWII Bolt-Action Rifles

Nope, no Garand or Springfield......yet....they are on my list, but other things come first.

My List

M-1 Garand
                      M-1 Carbine
                      Carcanno Rifle (not Carbine)
                      Arisaka
                      Enfield Mk IV
                      Lebel
                      Springfield

There are others...but I can't find the "written" list

dog

Comment

1903 Springfield

My dad inherited a 1903 springfield from my grandfather. It was the same rifle he was issued from when he was in the navy in ww2. I need to pull it out of closet and get the serial numbers for y'all. I have several different other rifles from different time periods but thats for another thread
                        Govenour Of Texas and all southern provinces. Kepper Of The Holy Woodchipper.

Comment

The Mauser

The Mauser K98 was the best bolt action rifle.
                          :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
                          In honour I gained them, and in honour I will die with them.

-Vice-Admiral Horatio Nelson, 1st Viscount Nelson, Duke of Bronte, KB, RN

Comment

Re: 1903 Springfield

Thats totally awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by jdscott7280
                            My dad inherited a 1903 springfield from my grandfather. It was the same rifle he was issued from when he was in the navy in ww2. I need to pull it out of closet and get the serial numbers for y'all. I have several different other rifles from different time periods but thats for another thread

Comment

Re: Favorite Bolt Action Rifle???

THAT IS SOOOOOOOO SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by moondog
                              Personally I own 6 different bolt-action rifles from WWII.

I actually like all of them for different reasons.
                              None of them shoot worth a crap anymore....as far as accuracy goes.....but they still shoot.

Mauser 98k (with East Front front site) this is a very good weapon. A tad heavy but a nice rifle none-the-less. It's just one of those rifles that one might consider "timeless" Every person who's ever seen a WWII movie has seen one of these as well as in almost any picture of a German soldier from WWII. (really need a bayonet for this one)

Enfield Mk III ....... I just like the way this one looks...stubby nose.
                              It has a bit of a kick to it. (really need a bayonet for this one)

1891 Mosin-Nagant.....god is this one heavy....It LOOKS nice....a real man's rifle...but heavy.....especially on the business end. (really need a bayonet for this one)

1944 Mosin-Nagant....nice short little carbine style rifle. Nice clean lines...looks like a real killin' machine. This one has a bayonet that is permanently attached......nice feature...I knew guys in the Army that were stupid enough to lose theirs...no chance of this happening with this one.

Carcanno Carbine.......the same type of rifle used (supposedly) to kill JFK. This one is a nice looking rifle. This one comes with a strange sort of bayonet. It is not permanently attached. It can also be used a pocketknife...sort of a large one...but still. It looks sort of like a Switchblade.....without the spring. This allows you to either have it open or closed on or off the rifle.

French MAS 1936.......This is probably my favorite rifle.....although it has some odd features. The bolt actually angles toward the muzzle instead of being straight down like on most rifles. It has a spike bayonet that is stored and attached to a tube just under the barrel.....I LIKE THAT. The ammunition it fires is actually Armor Piercing. I have shot it completely through trees 8 inches in diameter.

Sorry to bore you all

dog

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Karri
                                Prawn heads
                                by Karri
                                How do you cook them? How do you eat them?

So far I've always just twisted them off, and discarded it along with the shells and such, only...
                                Yesterday, 11:40
                              • Jose50
                                Thoughts on the US abandoning NATO
                                by Jose50
                                Now may be a good time for the NATO countries to start beefing up their materiel, personnel and alliances. There is a decided wave here in the US that...
                                Yesterday, 08:41
                              • Von Richter
                                Sagittarius Rising...
                                by Von Richter
                                Just having a re-read of this book after it's stood for donkey's years on the bookshelf. Once again, within the first couple of pages, I'm transported...
                                Yesterday, 01:19
                              Working...
                              X