Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

Australian Defence Force debates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Australian Navy AWD launched.

Launch of the first Air Warfare Destroyer << My Blog (Aus DoD)
    Minister for Defence & Minister for Finance Air Warfare Destroyer program still fixing serious legacy issues << My Blog (Aus DoD)
    Official launch ceremony for the first future destroyer, Hobart << My Blog (Labor Party Press Release)
    Asia/Pacific Military Blog & Forum: http://PacificSentinel.blogspot.com

Comment

• Good news, the supposed cost blow-out notwithstanding.

It's also good to see that there appears to be political bi-partisan support for sustained defence spending- wherever the ships are to be built.
      "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
      Samuel Johnson.

Comment

• Australia's amphibious force probably would have been in much better condition had we got Austal onboard... but aluminium ship building just can't get past old school conservatism with steel ships.
        "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
        Ernest Hemingway.

First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure. - Mark Twain.

Comment

• "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
          Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

• Originally posted by RicoADF View Post
            Good, the Bushmaster has proven a great success, and to make it better its an aussie vehicle (even UK and other nations are buying it )
            Not what MoD(UK) is saying, Scout SV and the new case-telescoped 40mm ammo seems to be all the go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Soothesayer View Post
              Not what MoD(UK) is saying, Scout SV and the new case-telescoped 40mm ammo seems to be all the go.
              From recent experience of MoD I would indulge in a pinch of salt. lcm1
              'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
              " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

• Actually the 40mm case telescoped ammo and gun seem to be working fine. They also have more types of light armoured and protected vehicles than might be imagined, starting with the Warrior armoured infantry veh (the first to get the new 40mm) and a heap of others eg Viking, Mastiff, Panther, Foxhound, Husky, Warthog, Wolfhound, Ridegback, Scimitar, Spartan, Jackal & Coyote.

Comment

• Does the Australian Army have any plans to replace their M-113s. I imagine that they've had to restrict their operations due to the fact the are vulnerable enable to IEds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Merkava188 View Post
                    Does the Australian Army have any plans to replace their M-113s. I imagine that they've had to restrict their operations due to the fact the are vulnerable enable to IEds.
                    We are keeping them till 2025, but with all the upgrades it's received it might squeeze in a few more years before retirement.
                    Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

• US commander defends Joint Strike Fighter F-35A

Lieutenant General Christopher Bogdan is set to appear before a Senate inquiry into the Federal Government's acquisition of the F-35A jets in Canberra on Thursday.

He spent Sunday talking about the jets' capabilities.

"One thing you ought to know and I am pre-empting my speech in front of the Senate I am not an F-35 salesman," he said.

"There is no match in the world [for the F-35s] and there won't be for 10 or 20 years.
                      http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-2...-f-35a/7187616
                      Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Does the Australian Army have any plans to replace their M-113s. I imagine that they've had to restrict their operations due to the fact the are vulnerable enable to IEds.
                        They got good off road ablieties. Usefull in avoiding common routes. The Assuies do have over 800 bushmastets witch i really like.
                        you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

• RAAF boss Leo Davies praises controversial $17 billion Joint Strike Fighter program.

The Chief of the Royal Australian Air Force has launched a strident defence of the controversial multi-billion-dollar Joint Strike Fighter program, following recent criticisms from former Defence Force members.

GIF: A JSF F-35A fires a air-to-surface missile in flight.
                          In recent weeks, some former ADF personnel and JSF program employees have put forward concerns to a Senate inquiry looking into the massive JSF purchase.
                          http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-1...rogram/7250808

Also, here is a 60 minutes program interviewing two Aussie pilots who fly the F-35.
                          Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

• If the Austrailians decide to buy F-35Bs for service on their Canberra-class amphibs will they be flown by RAAF pilots or RAN pilots?

Comment

If the Austrailians decide to buy F-35Bs for service on their Canberra-class amphibs will they be flown by RAAF pilots or RAN pilots?
                              In the past Australia used a fleet air arm, it's still in operation today.
                              From what I've read, the defence force isn't interested in the STOL version. Besides, the Canberra class wasn't decked out with provisions to support planes, no stores for fuel, ammo etc... we'd need a third ship to be an aircraft carrier.
                              Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

• Defence White Paper 2016

No major departure from current acquisition and replacement programs. F-35, Super Hornet, Collins submarine replacement, AWD program, Anzac frigate replacement, Off-Shore Patrol ship, KC-30 tankers, P8 Poseidon, MQ-4C Triton, ASLAV and M113 replacements - all going ahead as planned.

News include:
                                • no mention of fixed wing carriers or F-35B STOVL
                                • ARH Tiger being replaced rather than seeking a mid-life upgrading
                                • armed UAVs
                                • dedicated CSAR helicopter, Chinook interim "longer ranged" capability in future"
                                • new light helicopter for special forces (MH-6 Little Birds)
                                • rocket artillery for Army (no self propelled howitzers)
                                • riverine patrol boats
                                • land based anti-ship missiles
                                • new short-range SAMs (ie. replace RBS-70) and new medium SAM
                                • more "heavy lift" aircraft, freighters? ADF has leased freighters in the past. Will free up C-17s for other jobs
                                • C-130Js continuing
                                • maintain access to Butterworth AB in Malaysia
                                • stronger ties with France for Pacific island disasters and security

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X