THe German P-38

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THe German P-38

During WWII the German standard sidearm was the walther P-38 Automatic pistol. The pistol fired 9mm ammunition and had an eight round magazine.
    My question is was this a better pistol to have than say the Walther PP or PPk?:thumb: :thumb:
    Peter Williams

"We're not lost private, we're in Normandy"-

Lt. Richard Winters 101st 506 pir

From a gun owner's POV yes it was better than the Walther PP's those were too small a caliber despite their accuracy. I would love to own a P-38. The 9mm Para. makes all the difference here.
    The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Re: THe German P-38

Originally posted by panzerboy
      During WWII the German standard sidearm was the walther P-38 Automatic pistol. The pistol fired 9mm ammunition and had an eight round magazine.
      My question is was this a better pistol to have than say the Walther PP or PPk?:thumb: :thumb:
      From a military standpoint the P-38 was far superior than the PP or PPk. The P-38 was a strong, relatively simple design that fired the relatively powerful 9mm cartridge.
      The PP series were designed as police weapons and fired less powerful 7.65mm(.30 cal.) or occasionally the 9mm short(.380 cal.). Both of these rounds balistically fall far short of the 9mm parabellum for stopping power.
      Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Iíve actually shot both the P-38 and the Lugar. The Lugar is more stylish but the P-38 is more rugged and feels better in your hand. I believe itís the superior hand gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Dann Falk
          Iíve actually shot both the P-38 and the Lugar. The Lugar is more stylish but the P-38 is more rugged and feels better in your hand. I believe itís the superior hand gun.
          The Luger was a work of art, the Walther was a work of war.
          Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

P-38

Originally posted by Lance Williams
            The Luger was a work of art, the Walther was a work of war.
            That was a really great way to compare the Po8 and P-38. Thanks Lance!!!!
            Peter Williams

"We're not lost private, we're in Normandy"-

Lt. Richard Winters 101st 506 pir

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X