Commander's and loader's machine guns on the original U.S. M1 Tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commander's and loader's machine guns on the original U.S. M1 Tanks

On the original US M1 Tanks did the commander and loader have to expose themselves to use their machine guns? Or was there some way they could fire from cover?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
    Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Not sure about the original version. This is from 2010.

"In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
    Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
      On the original US M1 Tanks did the commander and loader have to expose themselves to use their machine guns? Or was there some way they could fire from cover?
      The Original original??
      The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Probably one way to find out is to study the Reforger exercises videos when the M1 went to Germany.
        "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
        Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

My apologies for post #3....that was the t-1. this was the original m-1

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post
            My apologies for post #3....that was the t-1. this was the original m-1
            Okay I guess I opened myself up for that.

Let me specify the original M-1 Abrams Tank.
            "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
            Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
              Not sure about the original version. This is from 2010.

Pretty good video. Thanks. I wish it showed better how the commander controls the machine gun.

Comment

Okay I guess I opened myself up for that.

Let me specify the original M-1 Abrams Tank.
                No problemo...everyone except me probably figured out what you meant

Comment

Doesn't the gunner in the M1 Abrams also control a gun as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Merkava188 View Post
                    Doesn't the gunner in the M1 Abrams also control a gun as well?
                    The gunner in addition to the main 105 mm or 120 mm gun has a coax M 240.

Comment

The only person on the M1 that doesn't have a machine gun to play with is the driver. Though I guess you could wire an RWS down to the driver's position so he could join in the party as well.......
                      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                        The only person on the M1 that doesn't have a machine gun to play with is the driver. Though I guess you could wire an RWS down to the driver's position so he could join in the party as well.......
                        Not exactly a machine gun, but the driver does have a M16 ever since Desert Storm. The TC also has a M16, and the loader's M240 is the crew served weapon should the crew have to bail out.
                        Last edited by Salinator; 06 Feb 20, 15:37.
                        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

My apologies once more: THIS was definitely the original M-1.

Man, 17 FABN, do you ask some tough questions......Machine gun looks totally turret enclosed.....

Comment

I was wondering why you were posting pictures of the M2
                            Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                              I was wondering why you were posting pictures of the M2
                              tHE M2A4 WAS A HIGHLY UNDERRATED TANK, I beleive we need a tank man to start a thread.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X