G-36 Assualt Rifle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-36 Assualt Rifle.

Has anyone heard of this being used in combat?I wouldn't surprise me if it was, but I haven't heard it being used. Does anyone even like it?
    I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Originally posted by comm. waffle View Post
    Has anyone heard of this being used in combat?I wouldn't surprise me if it was, but I haven't heard it being used. Does anyone even like it?
    Technically the German Army has used it in Afghanistan... of course how much combat it's seen is a different matter.
    Winnie says
    ---------------------------------
    "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
    Herr Flick.

Comment

I am sure that I read somewhere that the SAS had used in Afghanistan.

Comment

I thought the Bundeswehr has also used it in Kosovo...

Comment

Yep, she sure is a beauty, apparently it is very difficult to make this weapon jam, as the gas is expended after every shot through the forearm of the weapon, rather than back towards the firer.

Comment

Originally posted by galland View Post

Yep, she sure is a beauty, apparently it is very difficult to make this weapon jam, as the gas is expended after every shot through the forearm of the weapon, rather than back towards the firer.
            Seems like the one I saw had a beta magazine, you know, the 100 round duoble drum. Maybe it was just a drum mag....

"This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

You see the G 36 regularly in new reports on German TV. What's not to like other than it's small caliber. Looks like it should have a good balance , compact and more eye appealing than the UK standard weapon, if that should even be a point to consider.

HP
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint View Post
                You see the G 36.... What's not to like other than it's small caliber.
                I'd like to see it in the 7.62x51mm. That would really take advantage of all the recoil compensation and accuracy designs....
                "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Yea, that would be a real bang Pretty bad, huh

Comment

Here is a vid of the double mag in action at a firing range...

Comment

My previous employer equipped their FRTs with G36Es - from all reports there were never any dramas; they worked as needed. IIRC though our guys weren't fond of the integral 1.5x scope and mounted ACOG sights instead. I seem to recall seeing a request for G36Cs or Ks (the one's without the handle and sight) as the FRT command element were quite fond of their picatinny attachments. IIRC that request was rejected by H&K due it not being a LE or milspec tasking.

As for use - I'm not sure it qualifies as "combat", but during my time in Cote d'Ivore, they certainly saw use.
                      Now listening too;
                      - Russell Robertson, ruining whatever credibility my football team once had.

Comment

Originally posted by comm. waffle View Post
                        Even the friendly Swedes have used it in combat in Africa, so it would not surprise me if it has been used by alot of other forces as well. A lot of countries have it in their arsenal, mainly SF though.

I personally like the weapon, true German craftsmanship and design. It honestly feels and handles like an expensive german car.
                        The German version with dual sighting system with (two optics on top of each other) is also pretty neat. A lower optical sight with 3.0x magnification. The upper sight is a red-dot reflex sight with 1x magnification, to be used with both eyes open. The red dot sight relies on ambient light at day and battery power for night operations. This means that you can shoot in the dark with full accuracy as opposed to using a NVG system.
                        "The secret of war lies in the communications" - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Originally posted by galland View Post
                          Here is a vid of the double mag in action at a firing range...

Can't tell much from the vid but it looks like a sweet weapon. I hated the G3! Kicked worse than a mix between a roo and a Missouri mule

HP

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint View Post
                            What's not to like other than it's small caliber.
                            Dunno what the Issue is it's got over an 18" barrel.
                            Winnie says
                            ---------------------------------
                            "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
                            Herr Flick.

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post
                              Dunno what the Issue is it's got over an 18" barrel.
                              Oh the barrel length is fine, it's just the pea size of only 5.56mm that I don't care for.

HP

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X