X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What on earth are these tanks?

Earlier I found this link:
    http://www.odkrywca-online.pl/pokaz_watek.php?id=225326

It's in polish (I think), but the Photo's there are weird. I can recognize some stuff Like French gun tractors and the BA-10 APC (that's been captured by the Germans). However One looks like a Panzer IV With Katusha rails on it! Another looks like a Panzer IV with farm equipment mounted.

The rest of the stuff I have no clue what it is, but I suspect it's inter-war Polish designs.

So anyone?
    Winnie says
    ---------------------------------
    "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
    Herr Flick.

The first pic. was a Mark IV with an assault bridge, like a fireman's ladder.
    The second was something that looked similar, but Im not sure.
    Third one- The Belgian Utility tractor, called Artillery tractor 601 by the Germans. Its small, tiny even, about 4 feet tall, but a handy little varmint.

THere are a few vehicles that look like 1920s experiments, and then farther down you have some lost boys gathered around a French Souma-35, the best French tank of 1940.

Below that is a very rare item, a Mk.III conversion to carry the 150mm howitzer/Infantry gun. Only 12 escaped Stalingrad, they were interesting because they are SP guns with overhead armor.

Then there is another Belgian tractor. A Vickers design... I think.

Thats just the first page! THanks, this is a pretty cute site.

Comment

Those actually look pretty impressive for 1920 , don't think I ever saw them yet.

Comment

Oh dear... they mention this hoax at the bottom:
        Winnie says
        ---------------------------------
        "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
        Herr Flick.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X