The Simonov Self Loading Carbine aka SKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Simonov Self Loading Carbine aka SKS

Since my friend started a Mosin thread, I thought I would start a thread on another fine weapon, the SKS. Discuss and enjoy!
    1. Even if you could make something idiot proof they would just go out and build a better idiot.
    2. The road to hell is paved by a hard working asphalt crew of meddlesome legislators.

Well gee whiz. It seems that there aren't too many fans of a reliable yet short lived carbine. At least in WP countries, its use was pretty short lived. IIRC, it did see quite a bit of service in VC and NVA hands.
    1. Even if you could make something idiot proof they would just go out and build a better idiot.
    2. The road to hell is paved by a hard working asphalt crew of meddlesome legislators.

Comment

Originally posted by Mini-Me View Post
      Well gee whiz. It seems that there aren't too many fans of a reliable yet short lived carbine. At least in WP countries, its use was pretty short lived. IIRC, it did see quite a bit of service in VC and NVA hands.
      Yeah, I don't see anybody "feeling the love" for the SKS either.
      Which is too bad..It is a nice entry level priced semi-auto.

Comment

I'm not interested much about the gun's specifics but if anyone has some infos on the SKS dotation in NVA and VC units during the VN war let me know!

Comment

Yeah it is a pretty simple rifle and yes they are excellent beginner rifles. Decent caliber, semi-auto, and the ammo is relatively cheap. The family has 2 at home.
          The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom View Post
            Yeah it is a pretty simple rifle and yes they are excellent beginner rifles. Decent caliber, semi-auto, and the ammo is relatively cheap. The family has 2 at home.
            Yugo, Chinese, or Russian?

Comment

Early Chinese IIRC, I heard these were the better of the bunch.
              The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X