Indestructible AK-47

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indestructible AK-47

This AK-47 uses big drum magazines to fire 300 rounds in a rapid succession. The wood fore stock erupts in bright flames from overheating but the gun continues shooting on full auto while on fire.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=591_1192980904&p=1

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

The reliablity of the weapon is unquestioned. I do however question the reliabilty of the the shooters brain though. lol

Comment

Listy smells a fake!

Question is how many rounds are you going to need to put down the barrel to generate enough heat to reach combustion point of wood?

And that number of rounds would have melted the barrel. I figure it more likely they set the wood on fire first then put the rounds through it.

And yes they're prime candidates for a Darwin award.
      Winnie says
      ---------------------------------
      "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
      Herr Flick.

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post
        Listy smells a fake!

Question is how many rounds are you going to need to put down the barrel to generate enough heat to reach combustion point of wood?

And that number of rounds would have melted the barrel. I figure it more likely they set the wood on fire first then put the rounds through it.

Only a limited number of Darwins is available annually and I don't know if they quality but I understand your point.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
        --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Suspicion is created for me due to fact it's already on fire when the video begins.

Comment

So, how many rounds hit the target?

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post
              Listy smells a fake!

Ever actually fire one? Or an SKS? Trust me when I tell you that they most certainly can catch on fire. There's varnish on that wood. Run through 10 or 12 10 round clips on an SKS fast, and smell the smoke. The melting point of steel is a little higher than the point at which varnish or polyurethane coated wood will catch. Just a little.

That said, the video may very well be a fake.
              1. Even if you could make something idiot proof they would just go out and build a better idiot.
              2. The road to hell is paved by a hard working asphalt crew of meddlesome legislators.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogukuo72 View Post
                So, how many rounds hit the target?
                Exactly. The reliability of the weapon has never seriously been questioned. However, in test after test it has been found to be not very accurate. Although, a lot depended on the country of manufacture. The milled ones could be more accurate than the stamped ones, among other qualitative issues.

Having said that, does accuracy really matter? Well, it depends on the nature of the user. The US marines put a lot of effort into marksmanship. More than any other service. A Marine is more effective with an accurate weapon. However, in most places where the AK has been used in fighting warfare, the people using it did not have the level of training in marksmanship as a US Marine. In fact, many could barely shoot at all. In these scenarios the AK becomes an area weapon rather than a precision one. With lesser trained soldiers the AK is the perfect weapon. It requires less technical skill to clean and maintain, and gets the rounds down range in the spray and pray technique quite well.

Comment

I've found civilian AKs like WASR-10s, Yugo semi-autos, etc to be 3MOA rifles. IOW 3" groups at 100 yards, 6" at 200, etc. They are accurate enough.

M-16 types are capable of sub-moa accuracy with good ammunition. The 62grain issue stuff is about 2MOA from what I've seen. A good handload like a 60 grain Hornady V-Max is capable of 1/2" at 100 yards. Of course, this is a hunting bullet rather than a military bullet, but it does show the inherent accuracy of the M-16 platform.
                  1. Even if you could make something idiot proof they would just go out and build a better idiot.
                  2. The road to hell is paved by a hard working asphalt crew of meddlesome legislators.

Comment

Annnnnd good luck getting any use out of that while it's on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Mini-Me View Post
                      I've found civilian AKs like WASR-10s, Yugo semi-autos, etc to be 3MOA rifles. IOW 3" groups at 100 yards, 6" at 200, etc. They are accurate enough.

M-16 types are capable of sub-moa accuracy with good ammunition. The 62grain issue stuff is about 2MOA from what I've seen. A good handload like a 60 grain Hornady V-Max is capable of 1/2" at 100 yards. Of course, this is a hunting bullet rather than a military bullet, but it does show the inherent accuracy of the M-16 platform.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss.Saigon View Post
                        LOL!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mini-Me View Post

Even with my Chinese SKS I could fire 2 to 3 inch groups at 100 yards. My Mini 14 .223 is an amazingly accurate rifle capable of 1 1/2 to 2 inch groups at 100 yards with iron sights (bench rested).
                          "Every man should be his own Guru; every woman her own Gurette" ...Ed Abbey

Comment

Even when out of ammunition, an AK-47 still is a very reliable club.
                            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by salinator View Post
                              Even when out of ammunition, an AK-47 still is a very reliable club.
                              Although that being said, the ol' AK47 is less likely to become a club, I've put 60 rounds down range after we kicked one around a mud puddle, then picked it up crud and all, and fired her no problems!
                              Eternal War(gaming) Armoured Struggle Car Bob

History does not record anywhere at any time a religion that has any rational basis.
                              Lazarus Long

Draw the blinds on yesterday and it's all so much scarier....
                              David Bowie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X