Hellenic Freedom Fighters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellenic Freedom Fighters

There hasn't been any air combat over Greece since WW2 so the Greek Air Force kills time painting their F-5s the strangest camouflage patterns they can dream up.

http://www.clubhyper.com/reference/h...ghtersfr_1.htm

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Originally posted by MonsterZero
    There hasn't been any air combat over Greece since WW2 so the Greek Air Force kills time painting their F-5s the strangest camouflage patterns they can dream up.
    Yes there has. Though it was only minor skirmishes between Greek and Turkish aircraft, nothing full-scale.
    Of cource scrambles occur regularly, even if no actual firing of weapons is taking place.

Have you seen our two painted F-104 starfighters? A beauty to the eye! I will try to find a link to post.

Comment

Hey Autir

I heard if you put a Greek guy and a Turk into one room and close the door only one will eventually come out...alive.

Is the hate between the two cultures as intense as they say?

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
      --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Hey Autir

I heard if you put a Greek guy and a Turk into one room and close the door only one will eventually come out...alive.

Is the hate between the two cultures as intense as they say?
        The Turks arrived from the Altai Highland in Mongolia to the Middle East 1,000 years ago. Since then we have been fighting each other. They conquered the Byzantine Empire and sunk us into darkness for centuries. The things they did to us (and to a big part of central Europe) make the jewish Holocaust look like a kindergarten party.
        In the twentieth century alone we have been in war against the Turks from 1911 to 1912 and from 1916 to 1922. Battles also took place in 1974 when the Turks invaded and occupied Cyprus. Years presenting a crisis were 1955, 1962-64, 1985, 1997.

I will speak no more because there is no Turk member of this forum and I hate to present just my side of the coin. But, to sum it up, you could say that we are natural enemies.

Comment

These guys need a pit-stop at wal-mart to get a few new tires

Comment

http://www.clubhyper.com/reference/h...ghtersfr_1.htm

Imagine seeing this coming at you. Might make you question if you are really seeing it! Try describing it to your ATC or command post.
            Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
            (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

Originally posted by autir
              But, to sum it up, you could say that we are natural enemies.
              Despite that though I have the feeling that if the Cold War had ever heated up both would have put their differences aside (at least fore the time being) and fought shoulder to shoulder as NATO allies, much to the detriment of the WP forces.
              What God abandoned, these defended,
              And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman
              [ 1859-1936 ]

Comment

Must need one reeaaallll long extension cord.

Comment

Originally posted by hogdriver
                  Imagine seeing this coming at you. Might make you question if you are really seeing it! Try describing it to your ATC or command post.
                  I would think that the sun was somehow burning a hole in my retna. Cool decals though, I wonder what that guys car looks like.
                  "Do or do not. There is no try." --Yoda (Episode V "The Empire Strikes Back")

Cogitationis poenam nemo patitur.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X