Fallujah Airstrike Video (Graphic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fallujah Airstrike Video (Graphic)

Ogrish has a gun camera video showing a huge mob (at least a platoon) of Fallujah militants walking straight into the crosshairs of an unknown coalition aircraft. A huge explosion destroys all those anonymous people.

http://www.ogrish.com/view_attachment.php?id=24368

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Now THAT is conservation of fire! I love the "Oh, dude!" at the end. My sentiments exactly.

Comment

Is there an audio track!? My sound's off!

Comment

This is remarkable stuff, if you listen carefuly you will hear the pilot breathing oxygen from his mask. The other guy is probably on the ground.

The attacking airplane was likely a jabo like the F-18. Here's my question though, how come the insurgents failed to scatter and kept on walking? At the very least you'd expect them to stop and look up.

Comment

Depends on what type of weapon was used. If it was a JDAM or something, then there's a good chance they didn't even heare the aircraft that dropped it, especially if they were chanting "Allah Ahkbar" or something. Ever look up and see a jet you can't hear? Same deal.

Comment

Fallujah Airstrike

Awsome video. From my experiance in Nato the survivers didn't hear the jet until after it passed over.from the look of it they had a chance to see the jet but once he got behind them that was it.

Comment

Wicked video

Comment

'file not found'
                Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Comment

What the hell were insurgents doing walking along in a huge group the middle of a wide road like that?

Comment

Probably could'nt afford the explosives for a suicide mission so then decided to attract fire to create the explosion

Comment

That was an awesome video those stupid thugs didn't even know what hit them

Thanks for looking!!

Comment

Originally posted by SoccerDJ
                        That was an awesome video those stupid thugs didn't even know what hit them
                        C'mon guys lets not get too turned on by this... isn't such arousal a bit sick?

Comment

resistance

would the reaction be the same if these were, say resistance fighters (agaisnt Nazi Germany) hit by a german TV-guided bomb. (and the comment, "Ach, Mann")
                          "Freedom cannot exist without discipline, self-discipline, and rights cannot exist without duties. Those who do not observe their duties do not deserve their rights."--Oriana Fallaci

Comment

Is the plane that tapes the video the same that drops the bomb?

Or is it the plane that guides the bomb in, that tapes the video?

How big a bomb was it, i thought the explosion looked fairly small?

-Just trying to understand the finer points of air power.
                            I see why kyoto was unacceptable
                            http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/env_pol_car_dio_199
                            http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/env_co2_emi

Comment

The aircraft that filmed the attack would have been responsible for dropping that piece or ordnance on the target, it was probably guiding the weapon at the time. Its not often you see gun camera footage from an aircraft that has dropped a dumb weapon, with the exception of rockets and cannon.

The only expanation I can see for that aircraft having not dropped the weapon, is if it was laser designating the target for another aircraft, but then again this is un-likely.

And on the size of the weapon, I would imagine it would have been a 500lb'er LGB, a larger weapon than this would not have been targetted at infantry, and judging by the size of the explosion, this was probably the case.

Hope this helps

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X