What is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this?

I bought a CD with abouth 1000 German photos from WWII on a net-auction, among the photos was this

I've never seen one of these before, what is it?
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
    Jimi Hendrix

Originally posted by M.Joensen View Post
    I bought a CD with abouth 1000 German photos from WWII on a net-auction, among the photos was this

I've never seen one of these before, what is it?
    It's an AufgespürtTragenDreiDeutscheZeug...

Apologies.
    Winnie says
    ---------------------------------
    "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
    Herr Flick.

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post
      It's an AufgespürtTragenDreiDeutscheZeug
      I've "Googled" that...there was nothing. Are you sure it's called AufgespürtTragenDreiDeutscheZeug

Apologies
      For what?
      Jimi Hendrix

Comment

He was pulling your leg.

I think I've seen that thing before, Let me check some of my books.

Comment

Originally posted by the_redstar_swl View Post
          Me too. I have it somewhere......
          If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

its a armoured field bathtub isnt it?

Comment

Where did you think the Panzer came from??? As soon as it's weaned, they took the training wheels off.
              My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

He was pulling your leg
                I know...and I tried to pull his leg with my reply
                I like Listy's sense of humour

Me too. I have it somewhere......
                I've leaf through my books, but "the thing" is not in any of them
                Jimi Hendrix

Comment

The closest thing I could find in my books was the SdKfz 254 artillery tractor, Which isn't the same vehicle but has a similar track/wheel layout.

The one you posted looks kinda like a Kübelwagen thats been attached to a SdKfz 2 Kettenkrad.

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post
                    AufgespürtTragenDreiDeutscheZeug
                    English Into Babel fish:
                    "Tracked carrying three German thing"

English coming out of Babel Fish:
                    "Sought out stretchers three German things"
                    Winnie says
                    "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
                    Herr Flick.

Comment

The closest thing I could find in my books was the SdKfz 254 artillery tractor, Which isn't the same vehicle but has a similar track/wheel layout.

The one you posted looks kinda like a Kübelwagen thats been attached to a SdKfz 2 Kettenkrad.
                      That's what I found also. My book calls it an Austrian Sauer armored artillery observation vehicle.

Comment

I must admit I don't know much about uniforms, but the Uniform blouses look a bit odd.

We sure these guy's are German?
                        Winnie says

It was an Accident."
                        Herr Flick.

Comment

The picture is most likely from the mid-thirties since they're wearing WW1 style helmets with shield lugs.

Comment

Guys that looks to me like the motocycle front wheeled/tracked vehicle the Germans used. Some sort of experimental version of that maybe?
                            As lord and master of your grill, you will welcome any opportunity to display your grilling prowess.
                            Mario Batali, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by dhuffjr View Post
                              Guys that looks to me like the motocycle front wheeled/tracked vehicle the Germans used. Some sort of experimental version of that maybe?
                              I don't think it's the kettenkrad, the drive sprocket and the road wheels are to small.
                              I must admit I don't know much about uniforms, but the Uniform blouses look a bit odd.
                              The picture is most likely from the mid-thirties since they're wearing WW1 style helmets with shield lugs.
                              I agree, the uniforms look "old", and the helmets got that nipple-thing. So freghtshaker may be right with the mid-thirties...its probably a vehicle for training use.
                              Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X