M19 Duster SP AA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M19 Duster SP AA

Does anybody know anything about this curious air defense vehicle? There are a couple real ones as monuments by my friends house. I didn't even know what they were until a saw a tiny picture in Steel Panthers.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Originally posted by MonsterZero
    Does anybody know anything about this curious air defense vehicle? There are a couple real ones as monuments by my friends house. I didn't even know what they were until a saw a tiny picture in Steel Panthers.
    What is so curious about it? The concept and use of tank chasis and armoured turret AA's had been about during WW2. There were many varients used by most large combatants. So i can't see how it is a 'curious' armed vehicle.
    Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Comment

Curious in terms of looking so strikingly different from the usual quadruple .50cals or cannons on top of a half track. The Duster looks like an American Kugelblitz and I was wondering if it was inspired by the Kugelblitz or was it developed in parallel? Did it see combat in WW2?

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
      --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

I don't think so, it appears in the spww2 oob from Jan 45. There is a later varient duster which i originally thought you were talking about which was a M42, although none of these are trully armour turretted.. The Canadians had a fully armoured turret that is available from Jan 45 too, and the British used Crusader tanks with armoured turret AA's from 43 onwards.
        Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X