Russian Military Promo Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian Military Promo Videos

This may be old news to some of you, but I came across this interesting web site for russian export weapons.

http://www.rusarm.ru/exprod.htm

Check out the promotional videos of some of the equipment offered.

Now if only I had the money to order something nifty from that website like a T80.
    -----------------------------------
    Sings we a song of wolves.
    Who smells fear and slays the coward.
    Sings we a song of man.
    Who smells gold and slays his brother

Comment

I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that Tunguska AAA system. Arab Shilkas in Yom Kipur shot down so many Israeli fighter-bombers IDF would have lost air supremacy if the Arabs had some planes left. And that system only has a fractin of Tunguska's effectiveness.

As for the effectiveness of the T-90 tank-I wouldn't buy it despite all the media attention and export marketing efforts. I'd prefer a 15-year old Leopard 2 like the ones purchased by Poland.

The entire T-72 family has been unsuccessful. They'd have to throw out the autolader (which was very groovy in the 1960s but no more) and replace it with a strong 18 year old who will outload it anytime, anywhere. In addition, the tank would have to show dramatic improvement in shoot-first capability at long range and in poor visibility but without distracting the crew with more antiquated machinery to operate. The machine-human interface is not impressive in Russian tank design and people who operate it are getting killed trying to understand where they are and what's going on around them.
      Last edited by MonsterZero; 19 Jul 04, 01:12.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
      --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X